Complaint Review: Costco

• Updated: Fri, July 27, 2012

• Reported By: qwerqwer — United States of America
Costco

Costco Don't use Costco flowers, Internet

*Author of original report: Costco comes through!

To Costco,

I feel compelled to write you about the disappointment I had with your flower service. A dear friend of ours had a stroke and a friend and I wanted to send flowers to the hospital in Palm Springs.

I was told to get the flowers and I decided to try Costco because you have usually demonstrated great value and I shop with you all the time. I went to the web site and saw there was two day delivery which was in line with the time I understood our friend would be in the hospital until moved to another wing or location at the hospital. I saw on the first page a nice bouquet for around $65 and sent it. I left for out of town business and was shocked to find messages on my phone when I returned that they didnt send the flowers over a week later from, evidently, SOUTH AMERICA.

I called and was told the flowers where delivered to the hospital even though our friend had just been moved and they could do nothing about it. I exclaimed that our friend did not get the flowers I ordered and the woman replied they dont deliver to people just the location and again there is nothing she could do. She stated that the particular flowers I ordered had to come from South America and take longer to deliver although there was nothing about that on the web page when I clicked on them. I said the site said two day delivery and she said that didnt apply to the flowers I clicked on either.

I asked what the two day delivery on the site was for and she replied that if I had scrolled down to the bottom of the page there was a list of flowers that had two day delivery. There is no note that the two day is a separate section and the two day list of flowers is not visible on the opening page at all. There was nothing on my check out page about my selection taking any longer then the two day delivery that was noted on the website. I said that Costco has a satisfaction policy and I would like my money returned or the flowers resent. She replied the flowers where delivered and there was nothing she could do. I requested management to complain and come to some resolution so I could get flowers to our friend and she said she would tell management and get back to me. Ive heard absolutely nothing back.

This has caused embarrassment as I was asked to order the flowers. This has cost me an additional $67 because I had to reorder flowers through a company that would actually deliver the flowers to our friend.

Needless to say I am angry and will not be using Costco flowers any longer. It shocks me that as word gets around of my experience with Costco flowers that a quick resolution wouldnt have been wiser then the terrible reputation Costco is getting after this experience.

I hope you can correct the information on your florist web site to be more informative. I hope you can extent your return policy and satisfaction policy to your florist department like you do for your warehouse. I hope your customer service in this department can improve over the dismal performance I just experienced.

Than you for your attention,

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2012 12:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Costco/internet/Costco-Dont-use-Costco-flowers-Internet-918456. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Costco

Costco comes through!

AUTHOR: qwerqwer - (United States of America)

Costco comes through!

After receiving my letter I got an email from Costco letting me know that I would be receiving a full refund of my flower purchase.

I wanted to report the good news. Way to make things right Costco.