Complaint Review: Cottages At Wells Branch

• Submitted: Wed, July 01, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, July 01, 2009

• Reported By:Austin Texas
Cottages At Wells Branch
14300 Tandem Blvd Austin, Texas U.S.A.

Cottages At Wells Branch Illegal practices when someone gives notice to break lease Austin Texas

After giving the managment written notice that I was breaking my lease and the assistant manager called me asking if I could come in and talk to him, which I said I was out of town until later that night - the managment came and took $4700 worth of electronics that was not even mine, but my boyfriend's who was keeping them at my place for a week or so. I ended up having to file a robbery report with Travis County Sheriffs Department against them. The management said a notice was left in my apartment that they took the items - I had two other witnesses besides myself that did not see one piece of paper in my apartment. The deputy who was there taking the report did not see any papers as well. After confronting the manager the next day along with the police report, she was more than glad to get my boyfriends items back after he proved that they were in fact his by showing them receipts under his name. The managment could not stand the fact that I gave them copies of the tenants laws that they have no right doing what they did and it was completely illegal. Anyone who is thinking about living here - I highly suggest that you look elsewhere. I lived there six months and not once did they ever come in and fix the items that I noted needed to be fixed on my move-in walk through sheet.

Tankers girl
Austin, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2009 02:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cottages-At-Wells-Branch/Austin-Texas-78728/Cottages-At-Wells-Branch-Illegal-practices-when-someone-gives-notice-to-break-lease-Austin-466879. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cottages At Wells Branch