Complaint Review: Cottman Transmision

• Submitted: Thu, March 22, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, May 28, 2008

• Reported By:houston Texas
Cottman Transmision
Hwy. 6 North Cottman Transmission, 5930 Hwy. 6 N.Building Houston, Texas U.S.A.

Cottman Transmision Cottman transimmision stole my money & ruined my car. Ripoff Houston Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: Conflicting information

Cottman transmission Stole my money, wont give me a refund, Ruined my car & Is now threatning to have my car put into a storage lot They charged me up to four $4,000 to fix a car I didnt authorize them to fix, They call me told me my car was ready, when I go pick it up (after I had to get a loan to get it out) the transmission is in worse shape than when I took it in there!!! I take it back, And the keep it for another 2 week's, I pick it up for the second time and 10 minuets into driveing it My vehicle completly shut's down the transmission didnt work- My battery had been drained & my check oil light came on.

I call the shop and the guy whose been handling My account "Nick" doesnt want to speak to me Instead his boss or whoever this guy was Start's telling me that I have a crack in my transmission and it cant be fixed, I tell him " you tell me this $4,000 later- You also knew I had a crack In my transmision & you let me drive of that way!" Then he begins to scream at me that I need to shut up & listen!!! Then I start to tell him he has no right to raise his voice at me- In that second he slammed the phone down on my face.

J
houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2007 03:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cottman-Transmision/Houston-Texas-77084/Cottman-Transmision-Cottman-transimmision-stole-my-money-ruined-my-car-Ripoff-Houston-T-240301. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cottman Transmision

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Conflicting information

AUTHOR: Transguy - (U.S.A.)

If you did not authorize the repairs, why did you pay for them and then return with a problem?

If the transmission had a crack in it, then there would be low or no fluid in the transmission. If it could not be repaired, then what did they charge for? Is it a replaced case? The car would not suddenly stop if the battery was drained. Once the car stops all of the lights come on. Did it stay on after starting?

There's just too much erratic information in here to address and no real definition of the problem.
What was wrong with it the first time? What was wrong with it the second time? Was there a problem with the transmission at all?

Did you try to resolve the problem through customer service or your state consumer agency?