Complaint Review: Cottman Transmission Systems, LLC

• Submitted: Thu, May 30, 2002
  • Updated: Thu, May 30, 2002

• Reported By:Fort Wayne IN
Cottman Transmission Systems, LLC
240 York Drive Fort Washington, PA 19034 Fort Washington, Pennsylvania U.S.A.
  • Phone: 215-643-5885
  • Web:
  • Category: Liars

Cottman Transmission Systems LLC ripoff deceptive company with liars working for them Fort Washington Pennsylvania

I was looking at buying a Cottman Transmission franchise and had put a $12,500 deposit down. I had to find a building to lease that was suitable for the franchise.

Cottman's director of Center development called me and told me that the deadline for Yellow Page advertisment was approaching. He told me that I needed a Yellow Page Ad in the coming edition even if I didn't have a location. He also told me that if for some reason the franchise deal fell through that I would have the Yellow Page fee deducted from my deposit.

I later found a business more suitable to my needs and decided not to proceed with the Cottman Franchise. I called Cottman and told them this and they were dissapointed to say the least.

I recieved a bill from Verizon for the Yellow Page Ad that Cottman had them do. The bill is for $1940.95, so I called Cottman and told them that I had recieved the bill. I was told that they would check into who was responsible and let me know.

They never called me back so I called them and was told that I had to pay the bill. I told them that that was suppose to come out of my deposit. I was then told to call Eileen Burke (Marketing/Licensing Coordinator) which I did. I got her voice mail and left a message concerning what was going on and asking her to get back with me. She never has. I called Rob Fillman (Phone Operations Manager) and left him essencially the same message and he has never returned my calls.

I know that Cottman keeps your deposit if you don't buy the franchise so I don't expect the $12,500 back but I do expect them to pay the Yellow Page fee as they said they would.

Fort Wayne, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2002 03:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cottman-Transmission-Systems-LLC/Fort-Washington-Pennsylvania-19034/Cottman-Transmission-Systems-LLC-ripoff-deceptive-company-with-liars-working-for-them-Fort-21840. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cottman Transmission Systems, LLC