Complaint Review: Cottman Transmissions

• Updated: Mon, September 21, 2009

• Reported By: 1999LIGHTNING — COLUMBIA South Carolina USA
Cottman Transmissions
6226 Bush River Rd. Columbia, South Carolina United States of America

Cottman Transmissions After 5 visits Cottman Transmissions still can't fix my car the right way! Columbia, South Carolina

It has been atleast a year and a half since I took my 2004 Ford Taurus to Cottman Transmissions for repair. The first time they kept it for nearly three weeks. The second time was for three weeks again. The third time they put a 2005 Ford Freestyle transmission in my car and the computer would not accept it.

The fourth time they blamed the problem on cut valve body seals which was supposed to have been rebuit along with the rest of the transmission.

Now, the fifth time that they have checked this car, they are saying that I have wiring problems in the car and they can't fix it.

I finally took my car to the dealer, which I should have done to start with, and their mechanic has pulled up about eight trouble codes with the transmission.

No more taking it back to Cottman. It seems to me that they might be hiring fly by night mechanics in their business. I guess its time for a lawyer!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/21/2009 05:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cottman-Transmissions/Columbia-South-Carolina-29212/Cottman-Transmissions-After-5-visits-Cottman-Transmissions-still-cant-fix-my-car-the-rig-497912. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cottman Transmissions