Complaint Review: Cottman Transmissions

• Updated: Sun, December 20, 2009

• Reported By: Lori — springfield Pennsylvania United States of America
Cottman Transmissions
Lancaster Ave Paoli, Pennsylvania United States of America

Cottman Transmissions FIX THIS TRANS ALREADY, RIP OFF, DON'T GO THERE!! Paoli, Pennsylvania

All I want is my transmission on my Ford explorer fixed..I have had it 3 times back since I got a COMPLETE TRANS OVERHAUL, on May 12, 2009, for almost $2000.00.  On Dec. 18, I get in my car after work, to find I can't move my car..put it in drive..nothing..it has NOT been driving well AT ALL since my regular mechanic Iacone's Sunoco in Springfield, PA said I need a new trans, so I believed him, and he said it was going to the TRANS SHOP..which was Cottman Paoli, PA..(which I had NO IDEA..I thought Iacone was doing it..)I have had this car back to them 3x..on Dec 2, they had it for 3 days and couldn't find anything wrong w/ it..I explained that the car will not move when u put it in drive..well it's the trans..dahh..again it's happened..so on Dec. 18, 2009..had to have it towed to Cottmann Trans, Paoli, PA..the tow person got in and he said it was the transmission, so go figure..  I am going again to rent a car,  I did last time and Iacone reimbursed me for the 3 days,  someone will also pay for this rental..especially around the holidays!!  The most upsetting thing about this, is when they say they can't find anything wrong w/ my car.  well, there IS something wrong when you go to start it, put it in reverse and NOTHING, it doesn't MOVE..!!!!!!!!!  Vince Iacone said it's a 3 year warranty, and come to think of it, I never got any paper work w/ the info..Great guys!!!  Let's hope this doesn't happen to you or your family and friends!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2009 06:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cottman-Transmissions/Paoli-Pennsylvania-/Cottman-Transmissions-FIX-THIS-TRANS-ALREADY-RIP-OFF-DONT-GO-THERE-Paoli-Pennsylvan-542567. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cottman Transmissions