Complaint Review: Cottmans Transmission

• Submitted: Tue, October 14, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, October 14, 2008

• Reported By:Kyle Texas
Cottmans Transmission
S. Congress Austin, Texas U.S.A.

Cottmans Transmission Mechanic Nightmare Austin Texas

After dealing with fly by night mechanics, I had a serious clutch problem with my son's truck. My boss suggested I use a "reputable" company. I searched the yellow pages and found Cottman. 48 hours and $1300.00 later we picked up the truck. Less than a month later, the same thing happened. The service was still under warranty, so I had it towed back.

This time, after 1 week the bill was 200.00. We again went to pick the truck up upon completion and when we went to start it, the clutch went all the way to the floor and stuck. I was furious.

Two days later they call and said they couldn't get the truck to start and the steering column was stuck. My son and I went and fixed this problem in their parking lot. Today they call, refusing to extend the initial warranty and blame it all on "driver error" PLEASE!!!

I work with several garage mechanics and they said this is the most ludicrous thing they have ever heard.

This is by far the second worse experience I have ever had. Only to be beat by having a car worked on and being told it was ready (after paying several hundred dollars) and driving up and it being on fire.

Are there any good, dependable, honest mechanics anymore????

Freyaleigh
Kyle, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2008 01:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cottmans-Transmission/Austin-Texas/Cottmans-Transmission-Mechanic-Nightmare-Austin-Texas-381139. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cottmans Transmission