Complaint Review: Cotton States Insurance

• Submitted: Sat, May 02, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, November 26, 2012

• Reported By:rincon Georgia
Cotton States Insurance
www.cottonstates.com Rincon, Georgia U.S.A.

Cotton States Insurance, adjuster Ronnie, agent Gary . cotton states makes a "cotton pickin" mess on their home owners ins. Rincon Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Cotton States denied my homeowner claims as well!

*General Comment: Go to school

Dont ever insure your home with,"cotton states".I had a home fire,damage from my dryer and they never did nothing to live up to their policy i have with them.you pay these idiots a monthly payment for their ignorant reps. to come look at your home and cut you a check for some stupid amount that doesnt cover much of anything.they tell to calk smoke damage and cut corners where possible because their to cheap to actually repair your home properly.

they come to your dwelling and gawk at you and try to intimidate you and tell you do whatever you want but their only giving you the crappy amount they come up with.I asked them if they would take their family back into a home and live with 4 kids that has sustained smoke damage through out the entire house,and they said,oh of course!stay away from them their nutless,scum.I hope your entire company burns to sh*t like the crap you have for adjusters and agents.My home is now ins. elsewhere ,good riddens trash.

Mike
rincon, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/02/2009 09:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cotton-States-Insurance/Rincon-Georgia-31326/Cotton-States-Insurance-adjuster-Ronnie-agent-Gary-cotton-states-makes-a-cotton-picki-448365. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cotton States Insurance

Cotton States denied my homeowner claims as well!

AUTHOR: AshleyLynn5$231Burchfield - (USA)

The second commenter is chastising the original poster.  The original poster obviously is upset and didn't write the best complaint, but I agree with his complaint.  After paying my premiums for 5 years, I filed a wind damaged claim to my roof (or tried to file one).  The adjuster came out and told me he would not allow me to file the claim because he said my deductible would not be met.  I asked how when the kitchen ceiling needed to be painted and shingles on the roof needed to be replaced.  He did not respond and he would not return my phone calls.  I filed a complaint with my State's insurance commissioner and Cotton STates responded: We will not pay claims because the house is built incorrectly.

The house is 20 years old and they never told me they would never pay claims because the house is built incorrectly.  When I tried to change insurance this year after being told this, other insurance companies stated that since my claim had been denied I would have to wait a few years to change companies.  I asked what claim; Cotton States told me I couldn't file a claim.  Cotton States responded that, if I even ASK about filing a claim, that they will consider it a claim filed and charge you back for the claim.  They also charged the claim back to me when THEY hired the engineer to say my house was built incorrectly.

I am telling everyone I know NOT to use Cotton States for their homeowner's policy.  They don't pay homeowner's claims.

#2 General Comment

Go to school

AUTHOR: Ins Fella - (United States of America)

First,.. go to school and learn how to communicate in the English language.  You sound ignorant in your complaint, and if you approached things with the insurance company in the manner in which you posted your complaint, no wonder you didn't get anywhere.

Ever heard of a public adjuster?  Probably not.  Try to research instead of throwing punches fella!  You'll get much farther.

Also, the State of Georgia has an insurance commissioner who can help in situations like these if all else fails....