Complaint Review: Cottonwood Financial , The Cash Store

• Submitted: Thu, January 08, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, March 21, 2009

• Reported By:Marion Illinois
Cottonwood Financial , The Cash Store
Irving, Texas Marion, Illinois U.S.A.
  • Phone: 618-997-8600
  • Web:
  • Category: Employers

Cottonwood Financial, The Cash Store Former Employee Marion Illinois

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: BULL

I too wroked for The Cash Store in Illinois as the manager. I was there for exactally a year and a month! I started there while I was pregnant with my son, and was fired because I became pregnant with my daughter. Two weeks prior to my being fired, my DM who had also just found out she was pregnant with second child was fired. The DM and RM who terminated me were not able to give me the reason for the termination at the time by policy.

When I asked the HR department why I was terminated I was told they could not give me an exact reason just that I did not follow policy. Same reason given to the DM! I had been wrote up the day before the DM was fired for... and this is exactally what the RM told me... "Issues that the ASM could not be retrained on in the prior audit because she had been covering the Chester, IL store!" It is true they have to write you up before firing you, but you are also supposed to be give a verbal warning first and the write up isn't supposed to be for problems caused by another employee! The DM on the other hand had never been wrote up and only had one verbal. This district has been a mess since before the ex-DM took over and I was hired! I LOVED my job!!! with all honesty. My being fired was not expected at all.

Nrs_08
Marion, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2009 07:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cottonwood-Financial-The-Cash-Store/Marion-Illinois-62959/Cottonwood-Financial-The-Cash-Store-Former-Employee-Marion-Illinois-409836. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cottonwood Financial , The Cash Store

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

BULL

AUTHOR: M - (U.S.A.)

Hello, I am a former employee of The Cash Store. I was there for 4 years and during that time, I was an Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager & District Manager. I resigned from my position due to the traveling and having a small child. During that time there were numerous employees who were pregnant, delivered and came back or had the option but chose not to. I do admit that I had met some shady people at The Cash Store but they have policy and procedure for a reason as well as chain of command. This also applies to terminating an employee, there are steps that must be taken. No one is fired for being pregnant, if that was the case I wouldn't of worked with 2 pregnant employees during my time with the company who were NOT fired. Move on and get over it you got fired for sufficient reason and probably your DM too.