Complaint Review: Cottonwood Financial

• Updated: Mon, February 13, 2012

• Reported By: MK2657 — Mesquite Texas United States of America
Cottonwood Financial
5949 Broadway #140 Internet United States of America

Cottonwood Financial The Cash Store Unethical and Improper Business Practices Internet, Internet

I own a 2003 Ford Taurus and I borrowed $500 from Cottonwood Financial (The Cash Store). It was a title loan. On 01/30/2012, my car was towed from my apartment complex (additional complaint will be filed against A & E Towing). My apt manager called A & E Towing and requested that they return my car. A & E stated that payment of $150 would be the cost. I told them that I would have the money on 02/05/2012. They agreed to charge the $150 total and I would be able to pick up my car on 02/05/2012. A & E told me that with Cottonwood Financial being a lienholder, they were required to notify them that they had towed my car. That same day, I received a call from A & E stating that Cottonwood was picking up my car the next day (02/02/2012). I called Cottonwood to find out what was going on. They were planning to pick up my car the next day and were going to "hold it" for me until Sat(02/05/2012). I would be required to pay the towing fees, storage fees and all other related charges before it would be released. I told them that I made arrangements to pay $150 to A & E and that I would pick it up at the A & E location on 02/05/2012). They agreed to wait and if I had not picked up my car by 02/05/2012, they would pick it up.

On 02/05/2012, I called A & E to make arrangements to pay the $150 and pick up my car and I was informed that Cottonwood Financial had picked up my car three day before. I could not believe it. SO, I call Cottonwood and there offices were closed. The amount was now $342 that had to be paid before my car would be released. I didn't have it - I had $150 but not $350. I had to wait until 02/09/2012 before I had enough money. On 02/09/2012, I tried for hours to speak to a person at Cottonwood Financial so I could get my car. Finally, a person answered and it was too late to get my car that day.

The next day I had to take a taxi (cost $20) to The Cash Store and pay my loan. I then found out that Cottonwood Financial had my vehicle towed to a car auction located in Wilmer, TX. I had to take another taxi, which cost over $60 and there I had to pay $342.00 to get my car. The front and back license plates were removed - all dented and bent out of shape. There were two large stickers on the windshield. It appears they were getting ready to auction my car away (I am beyond upset). To say that Cottonwood Financial conducts business in an unethical, improper manner is very much an understatement. It borders on the line of illegal. I am shocked at what I had to deal with from this Company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2012 05:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cottonwood-Financial/internet/Cottonwood-Financial-The-Cash-Store-Unethical-and-Improper-Business-Practices-Internet-In-838616. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cottonwood Financial