Complaint Review: Counrty Choice Meats

• Updated: Sat, April 07, 2012

• Reported By: Melissa — Indiana United States of America
Counrty Choice Meats
5723 Park Plaza Court Indianapolis, Indiana United States of America

Counrty Choice Meats Country Choice (Aged Midwestern Beer) Steak, Seafood, Chicken, Pork Misrepresented Their Product, Unable to Contact them. Indianapolis, Indiana

Had a guy come to the door and said he had beef for sale.  I asked if it was 100% grass fed and he said, yeah, come on out and take a look at what I've got.  So, I did.  BIG MISTAKE!!

He went through his pitch, and I asked again "Is this 100% grass fed beef".  He said "Yes, raised by my father in Illinois."   He went through some of the packages they offer and the deal he could give me.  I asked again "you're sure, this is 100% grass-fed beef?"  He responded "yes, 100% grass-fed."  So, I wrote the check.

When I got the product in the house, I checked it out and noticed that EVERY BOX of meat (EXCEPT the "chopped steak" burgers were processed with a 15% salt/dextrose/seasoning water solution.  One package of steaks CONTAINS SOY and one or two CONTAINS HYDROLIZED CORN!  THE EXACT PRODUCTS I'M TRYING TO STAY AWAY FROM!!!

I feel I am due a refund, since he HIGHTLY MISREPRESENTED the product.  HOWEVER, I've come up empty on 3 different phone numbers I've tried to get ahold of someone.  The number on the brochure is "Temporarily Dosconnected."

I'll be contacting the Attorney General in Indiana and Illinois, as well as the Better Business Bureau.  I Will try again to contact them on Monday.  I should've known better.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2012 07:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Counrty-Choice-Meats/Indianapolis-Indiana-46220/Counrty-Choice-Meats-Country-Choice-Aged-Midwestern-Beer-Steak-Seafood-Chicken-Pork-M-865197. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Counrty Choice Meats