Complaint Review: Counterforce

• Updated: Thu, April 07, 2011

• Reported By: kristiel — Scottsdale Arizona United States of America
Counterforce
7700 Gulf Freeway Houston, Texas United States of America

Counterforce Titan Alarm sticking it to me for inadequate system, won't cancel/negotiate/let me talk to supervisor Houston, Texas

Three years ago I unknowingly signed a 5 year contract with a local alarm company that charges $45/month; my contract was then sold to this national company. Several times within the first year I called about the extremely high volume of the alarm when setting it at night and turning it off in the morning, but there was never a solution offered.

I have tried repeatedly to cancel or even renegotiate the contract since it has another 2 years on it, and every time I call the call center says there is no negotiating and they won't put me through to a supervisor. So I am stuck with another 2 years at $45/month for junky alarm system that wakes everyone in the house every time it is set at night or disarmed in the morning. So I am paying $540/year or another $1080 for a piece of junk I don't even use. The alarm company claims that the termination fee is the full remaining value of the contract -so even if I cancel I am stuck with a bill for $1080.

The call center person I spoke with today told me she can't transfer me to a supervisor because they will only tell me the same thing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2011 10:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Counterforce/Houston-Texas-77207/Counterforce-Titan-Alarm-sticking-it-to-me-for-inadequate-system-wont-cancelnegotiate-715012. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Counterforce