Complaint Review: Country Home Products

• Updated: Tue, May 08, 2012

• Reported By: justme23005 — Roxbury New York United States of America
Country Home Products
PO box 25 Meigs Rd Vergennes VT Internet United States of America

Country Home Products DR Power Equipment DR Chipper JUNK, GARBAGE, American Country Products SCAMMERS Internet, Internet

*Author of original report: Got a new bearing

*UPDATE Employee: DR Chipper 13.5HP

I have a 13.5 H.P. DR Chipper. After using this chipper for less than 5 hours, the bearing on the side of the chipper went bad.  This is an extremely poor design.  I contacted a person (John S.) through the online chat feature on their site, but he was completely clueless.

He did inform me that the bearings are $93.   I have read several other complaints online, about poor quality junk being manufactured by American Country Products, but this is my first time seeing it for myself.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2012 01:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Country-Home-Products/internet/Country-Home-Products-DR-Power-Equipment-DR-Chipper-JUNK-GARBAGE-American-Country-Produ-873122. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Country Home Products

Got a new bearing

AUTHOR: justme23005 - (United States of America)

After several emails back & forth with Country Home Products, They sent me a new bearing for my chipper.  I emailed them links to a few internet forums, where we were discussing what happened with my chipper, and a link to this report, and they decided to send me a new bearing.  I'm working on an updated kit, to replace the cheap OEM "Made in China" bearings.

Thank you ripoffreport.com

DR Chipper 13.5HP

AUTHOR: Trent DR Tech Support - (United States of America)

We contacted the customer who posted this complaint.  After discussing the situation with him, we came to the understanding that one bearing failed prematurely due to excessive material build up on the flywheel shaft.

Even though this customer is a second owner of the machine and the warranty is non-transferable with ownership we agreed to replace that bearing at no cost.

We assured the customer that this was not a typical situation and that he should expect many hours of use from the bearings.

Country Home Products stands behind its products and warranties.  We consider the circumstances of every individual Technical Support issue and we strive to be fair and accommodating.