Complaint Review: Country Inn & Suites

1021 West Park Avenue Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin United States of America
  • Phone: (715) 720-1122
  • Web:
  • Category: Hotel

Country Inn & Suites - Chippewa Falls, WI Country Inn by Carlson - Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin Unauthorized charges on Visa, Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin *EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back into your bank account that someone wrongfully takes it from you!

My duration of stay at the Country Inn & Suites, Chippewa Falls, WI was for two nights.  After checking out and back at home and after checking my account transactions, I realized this hotel charged my card an extra $100.

I called the hotel on that next Monday and asked for an explanation.  I was told by the woman who answered the phone that she charged my Visa because the room had appeared to be smoked in and she would talk to her housekeeper and get back to me within two days due to the housekeeper being off on Tuesday.

After I called the hotel directly, I then called their corporate offices to file a complaint.  I was told by corporate they would send an e-mail to the hotel in Chippewa Falls and the hotel would get back to me within two business days.

After waiting 8 days for a response from the hotel in Chippewa Falls, I called the corporate offices.  I was told by corporate it was wrong for the hotel not to respond back to my request for an explanation and they had no farther information for me.

I then called the hotel directly for an explanation.  I talked to a woman by the name of Erin.  When asked for an explanation, her demeanor changed to being very rude and short with me.  She stated the room smelled like smoke and there were plastic hotel cups with smoking residue in them.

I then explained to her that when I booked my room, there were no smoking rooms available.  During our duration of our stay, it was raining out so we went to our vehicle to smoke and grabbed a couple cups from the room to ash in and dispose of our cigarette buts in while smoking in the truck.  When we checked out of out room, as we were packing our belongings into the truck, we decided to grab ALL our garbage out of the truck, including the cups we ashed in and put everything into one bag.  There were no trash receptacles in the parking lot so we brought the garbage into the hotel room where we put our garbage in the hotel room garbage can.

After explaining this to her, I proceeded to tell her what my next actions were.  While starting to explain to her what my next actions were to be, she disrespectfully hung up the phone on me.

These are actions from a hotel that DO NOT cater to their customers or do not put customer service first.  Erin was rude and unprofessional, tearing down this hotels reputation as a hotel that accommodates it customers.  It is a huge disappointment that a hotel needs to make its money in a way that is dishonest and does not put customer service number one.  This immature display from this hotel representative was uncalled for and very rude, an action you do not see from other hotels fighting for business in todays economy.

EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back!

Go to your bank within 60 days of the charge, or as soon as you know about the charge, don't delay, and tell them that there has been fraudulent activity within your account. Explain that you wish to file a dispute, and demand that they assist you in accordance with Federal Regulation E.

According to the majority of victims interviewed by Rip-off Report, those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. Many victims got the following responses from their banks: we could not do anything for you or you waited too long; it has been more than 60 days.

If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. Remind the bank that they failed to assist you properly at the 800 #, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. Tell the bank that it's their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to deal with it, take the loss and reverse the charges.

Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! Direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on Rip-off Report.com. And if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! If you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! Either way, be persistent!

Let them know nicely, that you were advised to Report them (the Bank) and this situation to the Banking Commission in your state. Since each state has a different name for the agency/controller over banks, find that name before you call or get to the bank so you can throw it in their face. The more knowledgeable you appear to be, the further you will get.

And just continue to demand the Federal Regulation E form! The bank CAN, MUST and WILL reverse the charge! But, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor or the area manager for all the branches in the state.

Let the bank personnel know you are meeting with the media later in the day, that you would much rather they do the right thing (as most other banks have) by looking at the complaints and immediately reversing the charge(s) to your account; no matter how long ago it was. Be sure to call the Media if necessary so you are telling the truth.

If you have to, be loud (but nice) in front of other customers. If you are just calling by phone, the above tactics should still work. The bank can easily fax or mail to you the Federal Regulation E dispute form.

If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report here.

Remember Don't let them get away with it! Make sure they make the Rip-off Report .. The more Reports filed on a Company or individual, the more likely it is that the authorities, media and attorneys will want to take action.

And good luck Let us know how you do!

ED Magedson Founder RipoffReport.com Author of www.ripoffrevenge.com

Rip-off Report PO Box 310, Tempe, Arizona 85280

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2010 09:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Country-Inn-Suites/Chippewa-Falls-Wisconsin-54729/Country-Inn-Suites-Chippewa-Falls-WI-Country-Inn-by-Carlson-Chippewa-Falls-Wiscons-563919. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Country Inn & Suites