Complaint Review: Country Kitchen

• Submitted: Thu, February 14, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, February 15, 2008

• Reported By:Jefferson City Missouri
Country Kitchen
1650 Jefferson St. Jefferson City, Missouri U.S.A.

Country Kitchen The Monster That Stalked Country Kitchen Jefferson City Missouri

*Consumer Suggestion: complain to the corporate sight

I will start out by saying that previous to 2-12-08, my experiences at Country Kitchen have been rather pleasant. I was a regular customer before the date listed above, and I have never had any problems with any of the staff that work there - well, not until now.
My husband and I have never caused any sort of trouble, and we've always been courteous to those serving us, but this fellow certainly had an ax to grind.

The whole incident began an hour after my husband and I had sat down at our table. We had already ordered our drinks, and we were quietly surfing the net when one of the male employees came over. He claimed that this was the employee's spot (which it's not, it's one of the smoking sections where many customers are seated), and he stated that he wanted us to move because he didn't like talking to customers and that he "couldn't let his hair down" if we were sitting there, and then he added that this was "his spot." anyway (my husband and I were the only customers there at the time).
Both my husband and I were greatly insulted, and I insisted that we leave but my husband wanted to continue surfing so we stayed.

We chose another spot where there were plugs, and we bought our stuff over. I plugged my computer in and continued what I was doing previous to being moved. My husband then announced that he had to make a trip to the restroom, and that's when it started going downhill from there. I had my headphones on, and I was watching a video on YouTube when said waiter came over to my table to return a small screwdriver that my husband had left at the other table (he was working on his computer). I took the screwdriver and laid it to the side, when this jerk loudly proclaimed, "Did you f**king throw this ashtray on the floor?!" I wasn't aware that I had knocked anything on the floor, but he wasn't having it. It didn't stop there. When I tried to myself he started YELLING at me, telling me that I was causing trouble and that I was harrassing him and giving him "major attitude", to which he added that he was going to not only have me kicked out of the restaurant, but that he was going to call the cops on me. When I calmly asked if I could speak to the manager, he replied, "You're not going to say s**t to him, I am!" My jaw hit the floor. He was still yelling at me when my husband got out of the bathroom, saying loudly, "You're a bad tipper, and you never do what you're supposed to do," which also left my husband slack-jawed (we always tip as much as we possibly can). He then went on to claim that he was going to complain to the morning manager. I was in tears by that time, to which the night manager came out to ask what was going on. We explained the entire incident to him, and he said that he would do something about it (which I'm pretty sure he didn't).

My husband tried to get a hold of the morning manager that day, and she said she would call us back (she never did).

Regardless, my husband and I do not have plans to go back.

If you ever come to Jefferson City (which I doubt that you will), please make it a point NOT to go to Country Kitchen during the after-hours, because you just might be sitting in someone's favorite spot.

Jennyfur
Jefferson City, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2008 04:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Country-Kitchen/Jefferson-City-Missouri-65109/Country-Kitchen-The-Monster-That-Stalked-Country-Kitchen-Jefferson-City-Missouri-308970. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Country Kitchen

#1 Consumer Suggestion

complain to the corporate sight

AUTHOR: Nancy - (U.S.A.)

go to countrykitchenrestaurants.com clikc on contact us there is a corporate number there and also a place where you can leave email you will probably ahve better luck there.