Complaint Review: Countrywide Auto Transport

• Submitted: Thu, March 12, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, March 12, 2009

• Reported By:Columbus Nebraska
Countrywide Auto Transport
27762 Antonio Parkway, Suite #L1601 Ladera Ranch, California U.S.A.

Countrywide Auto Transport This is a dishonnest company and they constantly lie about the progress with an order Ladera Ranch California

I placed an order with this company to ship my car, I told them they could ship me my car any time within 2 weeks and I would meet the truck driver any place within 1.5 hours of my house. I thought this was reasonable.

The truck driver picked up my car after just over 2 weeks, which meant if things were perfect I would get it in 3 weeks. This was longer and more expensive than I origionally contracted for. There truck driver broke down for an additional week and a half. By the way what kind of a trucker sits with a broken truck for over a week and does not try to ship a car? Countrywide was not willing to have another driver ship my car and they were not willing to give me a refund. By the way they prommised me a refund when I placed my order, but I guess that was just one more of there lie's.

My car was shipped after 1 full month, but if I wanted to wait a month, I could have used a wagon train to ship a car 1000 miles.

The biggest thing that upsets me is the people at countrywide continually refused to talk to me and they were unwilling to help me or give me a refund which was origionally prommised to me when I placed my order. They did ask for additional money from me several times and a couple of times I was dumb enough to give it to them.

I would recomend that anyone thinking about shipping a car stay away from countrywide and they seriously think about dealing with a shipping company directly and not deal with a broker at all. This has been a complete waste of my time and I regret ever talking to anyone at countrywide.

If I would have know this was a possibility, I would have bought a plane ticket and drove the car 15 hours myself. If I would have done that it would have cost me $120 for the ticket 7 days out and $140-$150 for gas. Instead I spent far more hours calling and worriing about this car than it would have taken to drive and I paid $600 which as you can see is double what it would have cost to move it myself. I am going to call this a lesson learned. Don't deal with Countrywide. They lie constantly.

By the way this company is rated F with the BBB and that is there worst possible rating.

Matt
Columbus, Nebraska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2009 08:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Countrywide-Auto-Transport/Ladera-Ranch-California-92694/Countrywide-Auto-Transport-This-is-a-dishonnest-company-and-they-constantly-lie-about-the-433375. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Countrywide Auto Transport