Complaint Review: Countrywide - Bank Of America Home Loans

• Submitted: Tue, June 30, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, September 02, 2010

• Reported By:Irving Texas
Countrywide - Bank Of America Home Loans
www.countrywide.com Dallas, Texas U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-669.6607
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Countrywide - Bank Of America Home Loans Forced to Escrow---paying taxes that ARE NOT Late!! Can't afford new payment Dallas Texas

*Author of original report: BOA is at it AGAIN!!! Ugh!

*Consumer Comment: Me too

While already in the process of going through their "Hope" department, while still with Countrywide, Bank of America takes over decides we do not need that program, shuts down anything to do with it and then forces us to escrow claiming we were late on our taxes. Every year before we have always paid them in the same time frame and with out any notice, one day I try to make my payment online and it won't allow me to enter our original payment, instead it had increased drastically!
We have written to the corporate office and to the office here locally in Dallas, TX with out any response except for a letter we received the other day stating they will no longer accept our original payments, instead, they will send them back!!!

To Bank of America: If we were already dealing with the HOPE Department before you took over, what the hell makes you think we can afford to escrow??? Let us pay our taxes like we always have and quit trying to pocket more of our money!!! My husband is due to be laid off in July, I hope you enjoy selling my house for a fraction of what we owe. With the economy the way it already is, why would you intentionally hurt your customers this way. I have read other rip off reports, we are not the only ones dealing with this. Shame on you BOA!!! We have requested to talk to someone face to face, so far, they would rather hide behind their nasty notices. DO NOT TAKE A HOME LOAN OUT WITH BANK OF AMERICA!!!! Please find anyone else, they will force you to lose your home!!!

Rubyirving1
Irving, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2009 02:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Countrywide-Bank-Of-America-Home-Loans/Dallas-Texas/Countrywide-Bank-Of-America-Home-Loans-Forced-to-Escrow-paying-taxes-that-ARE-NOT-Late-466487. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Countrywide - Bank Of America Home Loans

BOA is at it AGAIN!!! Ugh!

AUTHOR: Rubyirving1 - (U.S.A.)

So here we are again. We have been working on a loan modification since July of last year and we have still gotten nowhere. We paid off the tax balance they actually paid, so we were back to where we were originally until April of 2010. Due to being laid off in April, 2010 and my husband being laid off in July, (he did regain employment at a substantially lower bring home than we were used to) we started the process again in February of 2010. After we were just a few days behind on April's payments, BOA cam in, once again, with out ANY notice, and not only escrowed my taxes, but my home owners insurance as well!!! We were not even behind on either of those at that time. We have received countless numbers of fedex packages asking for all sorts of financial documentation and have completed every single one of their requests and have still yet to hear anything as of today!  We are more frustrated than a couple of albinos hitch hiking in a snow storm!

Have you gotten anywhere since your last post?

Me too

AUTHOR: Angela - (U.S.A.)

I am in a similar situation with Countrywide/BAC. They put my taxes and insurance on escrow too. I never asked for this. It was never even discussed. BAC just does as they please, they treat customers like DIRT! It's horrible, I can't believe this. I too always paid my taxes and insurance on time. Hurricane IKE hit here in South Texas and that is when I was granted a forbearance by Countrywide for 3 months to take care of some repairs on my home. In the meantime, BAC takes over and tells me that I am eligible to apply for a loan modification. Boy was I reeled in - now 5 months later, I still have no documents or even any hope that I will ever by approved. Also, they stick the payments that you are making in a category that they call "partial payment balance" to make it look like you are further behind. I actually told the last guy that I talked to - that they were just stringing me along and that I think they want to foreclose on my house and take it. The Government has bailed the banks out and now WE as AMerican consumers are getting railroaded by the banks. Please help us. I'm glad to know that BAC is being sued by the state of TExas - that's the first that I heard of it.
They sent one of my payments back also and when I spoke to another department about this, she said that it should not have been sent back and to continue to make regular payments to avoid falling further behind. So I sent another one and still do not know after 8 days is that one has been accepted or it will be mailed back to me , also. This is a crime and I expect the Law to take care of Bank of America. We are victims here.