Complaint Review: Countrywide / Bank Of America

• Submitted: Sat, July 26, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, July 26, 2008

• Reported By:Fort Worth Texas
Countrywide / Bank Of America
5401 N Beach Street Fort Worth, Texas U.S.A.

Countrywide / Bank Of America Harassment by Senior Management/Slander Fort Worth Texas

I have been an employee at Countrywide for 5 years, of which I ended just recently due to harassment and slander. I was dating another employee in the department, which, HR confirmed that we were not in any violation of any company policy since I was in management. The harassment began with employees filing frivilous HR Cases against us. Then my VP began to bring me in her office everyday with a new story.

"It has been brought to my attention that you and your boyfriend were making out on the floor in front of everyone." Everyday was something different and more ridiculous than the previous accusation. Countrywide has an Employee Relations Department, but they are as useless as tits on a hog. They opened a case for me, and it took them almost a month before anything had happened.

I started to have anxiety attacks and it caused migraines everytime I stepped foot in that office. During this time, my previous AVP decided that since I was no longer in her department, she would use my name for legal cases against Countrywide. She would say that the employee that caused this mistake is no longer in the department and they had gotten rid of me. This is coming from the AVP that placed me in the Top Potential Program. She was trying to cover her a**, and my name is now mud there.

She was too worried about having a job after the merger. Since my HR Case wasn't going anywhere, and I was being "disciplined" by my VP for my inappropriate behavior, I requested a transfer to another department, that had wanted to hire me. It was denied three times because I hadn't been in the department for a year, but I had been with the company for over 5 years. They would rather push you out the door, then try to help their employees.

Well Employee Relations advised me that my claims were unsubstantiated, and forced my to resign, since my VP Summer Lee was going to fire me anyway. They screwed up my last paycheck, and basically told me that it's my own fault. They did fight my unemployment request, citing that I did not go through the proper chanels to file my harassment suit. When it is documented that the case was opened in Employee Relations. I am glad that I am not eligible for rehire. I would gladly announce it to the world of all the horrible, crooked business practices in that company, and how they don't care about their employees.

Sarah
Fort Worth, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2008 10:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Countrywide-Bank-Of-America/Fort-Worth-Texas-76137/Countrywide-Bank-Of-America-Harassment-by-Senior-ManagementSlander-Fort-Worth-Texas-356068. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Countrywide / Bank Of America