• Report: #320220

• Submitted: Sat, March 22, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, March 27, 2008

• Reported By:Petoskey Michigan
Countrywide Bank
P.O. Box 000 Petoskey, Michigan U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-800-8000
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Countrywide Bank illegally stole my home from me. They did not notify us of anything, including the sheriff's sale, or any letters telling us we were in foreclosure. They illegally held a private Sheriff's sale and only Countrywide was invited and surprise, surprise, Countrywide bought it. Even though we qualified on all 3 reasons for a restructure of the loan. They never even attempted to contact Petoskey Michigan

*Consumer Comment: I call BS

*Consumer Comment: Keep to the point!

*Consumer Comment: Two bush moron supporters

*Consumer Comment: There are plenty of Internet forums where you can bash Bush (and I'd proudly join you).

*Consumer Comment: Alway's some bush moron

*Consumer Comment: This isn't a Rip-off Report!

*Consumer Suggestion: just another anti-bush person

*Consumer Suggestion: How did it happen?

My husband and I had the misfortune of having Countrywide Bank as the holder of our mortgage. I have found out that they are the worst bank out there, and I can't help but wonder what our government is doing about it. The President bailed out Bears Stearns with billions of dollars, but he did nothing for the citizens of the US who pay the taxes that he used to bail out Bears Stearns. I, personlly, think that Countrywide Bank officials should go to jail for what they have done, but as long as George Bush is President, that won't happen. He is for big businesses, big oil companies and big everything.

I am embarrassed to have him as the President of the United States. At least I did not vote for him for either term, so I can blame the republicans who put him there. They are making tons of money from the oil business and that is all that matters. Most people can't afford to do or go anywhere. What is he doing about it. As usual, nothing.

Kind of like he took us into Iraq to get Sadam Husein, who did not bomb our country, it was Bin Laden, and he is still out there. Sadam was hung where everyone could see, and yet he did nothing to us. He insulted George's father and that is why he took us there and why we have lost another generation of people. I don't see either of his daughters signing up to be in the service. They are following their father's way. He never served in Vietnam and didn't even show up when he was supposed to for the National Guard. He is an embarrassment to this country and someone should take him out. What he has done to this Country is an embarrassment all over the world. I don't think anyone likes him from any other countries. I know most of the people here no longer support him and I wish we could fire him before he destroys anymore of this country. My name is Diana Higginson, 3800 Brubaker Rd., Petoskey, MI 49770, until May5, 2008 when my redemption period runs out and my husband and I will end up living on the streets. Oh well, another disabled vet homeless. Unfortunately it is a common site in this country.

Naomi
Petoskey, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2008 02:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Countrywide-Bank/Petoskey-Michigan-49770/Countrywide-Bank-illegally-stole-my-home-from-me-They-did-not-notify-us-of-anything-incl-320220. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Countrywide Bank

I call BS

AUTHOR: Edgeman - (U.S.A.)

Did this foreclosure even happen? We have an online user who posted a few lines about losing her house and instead of providing details, she spends a few paragraphs talking about the President. If she had her home taken from her, why didn't she provide the details? Isn't that what this site is for?

If the OP does not come back and respond, I will assume that this is an angry political activist who is using this site to make mischief.

Keep to the point!

AUTHOR: Sarah - (U.S.A.)

I am perfectly aware that many people don't like our president. That is their perogative. I am a die-hard Republican and there are things that he's done that I don't approve of. However, the ripoff report subject has nothing to do with our government or president. It is supposed to be about a mortgage company that doesn't provide its customers with appropriate documentation and/or service. Let's keep to the point and not let pointless quarreling about politics get in the way of a perfectly good forum.

Two bush moron supporters

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

Alway's some bush moron blaming & attacking the poster. This has nothing to do with bush it has something to do with mortage companies screwing american people not applying paid payment's to people's account's.

These bush moron's seem to think there opinion is the only thing that matter's & noone else. There is so much corruption in the united state's today that is why we are in this mess with people losing there home's due to corrupt mortage companies.

They are trying to keep us quiet this is not dictatorship country, this is what make's me hate bush supporter's they are nothing but moron's tratior. They are the cause of why this country is in the mess it is today.

They think they are the only people who think there opinion matter's they are abusive & non caring. I don't care if they hate me if I don't support bush It is my right has a united state's citizen.

But they still can't admit how bad bush has become.

AUTHOR: Popcorn - (U.S.A.)

This isn't one of them. Naomi, I'd like to hear about the events that led up to the foreclosure, because right now I have no idea what really happened.

Alway's some bush moron

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

This isn't a Rip-off Report!

AUTHOR: Sarah - (U.S.A.)

This is another disgruntled liberal out there whining about our President. The OP states, "so I can blame the republicans who put him there. They are making tons of money from the oil business and that is all that matters."

Don't make me laugh! I'm a Republican (and proud of it) that barely scrapes by doing admin work for a hospital, so don't try to lump all Republicans into the "rich white person category". I'm proud to have voted for President Bush twice. He handled the news of the 9/11 attacks with much more grace and dignity that most others would have done.

If you're going to post about being ripped off by the bank that holds your mortgage, you need to post about it and not go off on some tangent about how you hate the Republicans and Saddam never did anything to us. Grow up!

#7 Consumer Suggestion

just another anti-bush person

AUTHOR: Lambmit - (U.S.A.)

This is just another anti-bush person spouting off. If you do not pay the payments you loose the house, how simple can it get?

#8 Consumer Suggestion

How did it happen?

AUTHOR: Robandmar01 - (U.S.A.)

We need more info! Did you make your payments and they where not applied? Did you not make your payments? How long of timeframe was all this over? This post was more about the President and the war then Countrywide....