Complaint Review: Countrywide Home Loans

• Submitted: Wed, August 13, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, August 14, 2008

• Reported By:waretown New Jersey
Countrywide Home Loans
countrywide.com Drake, California U.S.A.

Countrywide Home Loans THEY ARE FORCING ME TO SELL MY HOME Drake California

*Consumer Comment: Help with your report Forked River

*Consumer Comment: Don't place blame

*Consumer Comment: Don't place blame

ok so i had my house for 5 years now because of country wide i am forced to sell. I was behind 700.00 i send in payments every month and they are stating i am 11,000.00 behind. I am trying for a modification and now they are returning my payments. i dont know what else to do except sell before they foreclose on me.

When i first got my mortage they put the decimal point on all the monies in the wrong place for example they were charging me 240.00 in taxes instead of 2400.00. I think 1.00 in pmi instead of 100.00 so my lawyer sent them a letter stating this and they did nothing to change it untill the next year when they realized my escrow was behind. At that point my mortgage went up a few hundred dollars more than i could afford. I tried to set up a payment plan wit them but they stated i was not with then for at least 1 year and they could not help me. Low and behold 5 years later i am still trying to get caught up with them and now i am selling my home because there is no way possible i will ever catch up to what they state is needed talk about stress. My marriage even broke up over this company.

Melanie
waretown, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2008 06:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Countrywide-Home-Loans/Drake-California/Countrywide-Home-Loans-THEY-ARE-FORCING-ME-TO-SELL-MY-HOME-Drake-California-362326. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Countrywide Home Loans

AUTHOR: Nikki - (U.S.A.)

Didn't your attorney tell you to pay extra into your escrow account when he knew Countrywide wasn't charging enough? Or even have you put the money into his escrow account. Your attorney should have known the underpayments would catch up at tax time.

If you know your taxes will be more than they collect, pay extra. I know you probably liked the break, but it put you in a bind in subsequent years.

Help with your report Forked River

AUTHOR: Tom - (U.S.A.)

Melanie, we have had nothing but pretty much same prob with Countrywide Home Loans.you can read our story under Tom from Forked River,N.J., We hired companies and Lawyers USELESS do the best thing for you right now immediately contact (New Jersey Attorney General.Department of Banking you can get info off our updated report'there is also their website we posted so you can file a complaint with them print the forms online and they give you a fax # so it will be received QUICKER to their office about 3 days later you will receive a letter with Document# showing they are investigating Countrywide ours is out of Plano, Texas but they all have been ripping off people ,It's our only prayer that they do put a stop to these morgage companies that say they'll do workouts and then same here sent $11,000 first time and received no statements but were told to send about 5900.00 more for them to wait till we were foreclosed again an send 5900.00 back stating they made a mistake and they didn't need the 5900.00. To find out they sold our home to US BANK which is their own bank please file a complaint so they know we all need our homes and if worse comes to worse and your credit has probably been destroyed by them to even gat a rental if needed due to credit checks then when all is said and done the State will have to pick us all up and apply for a section 8 housing then maybe they'll do something about Countrywide your not alone also for more info you can contact us at lshumaker@comcast.net or imnrmalevryday@aol.com, there also a good web site for you to check out called Countrywidehomeloansucks.com it's very interesting and may be very helpful to you I'll let you see and get the shock of your life about it's own employee complaints good luck hope it works out for you tom & family

Don't place blame

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

You marriage broke up because it was weak. Stop blaming others. So, let me get this straight. In one year you lawyers sent out one single letter and no one ever followed up after that? You're retarded. It's your own fault. If you knew you weren't paying enough, why didn't you send more?

Don't place blame

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)