Complaint Review: Countrywide Home Loans

• Submitted: Tue, June 02, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, June 17, 2009

• Reported By:Omaha Nebraska
Countrywide Home Loans
400 Countrywide Way Simi Valley, California U.S.A.

Countrywide Home Loans - Bank Of America Home Loans unethical, dishonest, lying by omission,stealing from bank accounts, deleting phone and computer correspondence Simi Valley California

*Consumer Comment: This is what they do.

*Consumer Comment: GRAYGIRL, PRINT A COPY OF YOUR RIP OFF REPORT AND MAIL IT TO BARACK OBAMA AT THIS ADDRESS-

After thirteen mediation attempts, Countrywide has still not even responded to my settlement offer. I can not get an attorney to legally obtain my phone records, which would prove by duration of calls as well as numbers, that over 140 calls should be sufficient proof that I have made every effort to pay in a timely manner, despite the fact that Countrywide refused to accept my payments, stating that they would be returned unopened. I spoke with my lawyers, saying that I would gladly take a polygraph test, and was advised that this would "complicate" the case. I have sent more than one letter, as well as faxes, which are far beyond RESPA section 6(e) time limits, and have heard nothing. Is there anything that can be done to help us? My attorney says his bill is over 15 thousand dollars, and I have no paperwork from Countrywide or the lawyer,and it has been months since they (lawyers) have even contacted us.

Graygirl
Omaha, Nebraska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2009 09:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Countrywide-Home-Loans/Simi-Valley-California-93065/Countrywide-Home-Loans-Bank-Of-America-Home-Loans-unethical-dishonest-lying-by-omissio-457956. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Countrywide Home Loans

This is what they do.

AUTHOR: You Got To Be Kidding Me! - (U.S.A.)

GrayGirl,
Countrywide has been screwing me around since 2005. I hired a lawyer, went to court and WON! They drew up a NEW contract, tacked on an addtional $20,000.00 onto my loan, and then BREACHED THEIR OWN CONTRACT! They failed to do a number of things, which put them in breach. They now no longer accept my payments, and in fact do send them back, with little notes. This is my advise which WON our case the first time...(Yes our second time for court is pending).
KEEP ANAL RENTENTIVE RECORDS! Every call...have a paper and pen ready and time the call down tot he second...EG...Joe Smith Ext: 1111, I called at 9:30 am we spoke for 4 minutes 30 seconds, he placed me on hold for 14 minutes, then said he could not help me transferred me, stayed on hold 3 minutes, then was disconnected... The Judge looks VERY VERY VERY closley at that. Also keep all of your mailings, send everything including payments certified, so you have a record of when they recieved your payment. When you get something from them, SAVE IT! Your notes are key. If you call from your cell phone that is better proof because you can in fact have those phone records every month. Send emails to the company, everyday if you have to, I do it, every month like clock work, I get the payment back they get an email. EVERYTHING you do you must keep track of. All of the mailings have a name and number at the bottom, call it...odds are it is disconnected. Get a note book date everything, chronological order everything you have.
They did not win with me, and I have to go back and they wont win a second time.
Dont give up. The best thing I can recommend is that keep doing what you are supposed to. Keep calling even if it does nothing. Then when they take you to court you can counter. That is what we had to do. If you would like to chat more, feel free to contact me.

AUTHOR: Karl - (U.S.A.)

President Barack Obama
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington DC 20500

Attn: EXTREMELY URGENT!

DO IT NOW!!!

DON'T STOP! DO IT EVERYDAY!