Complaint Review: Countrywide Home Loans

• Submitted: Thu, April 05, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, April 05, 2007

• Reported By:Palm Bay Florida
Countrywide Home Loans
www.countrywide.com Van Nuys, California U.S.A.

Countrywide Home Loans Countrywide Home Loans treat customers like dirt! Ripoff their customers, hidden fee's, double fee's, Need federal investigation for illegal trade practices Van Nuys California

They are only easy to deal with if you are in good standing. My husband got sick and was out of work for 8 months. I called them before we got behind, trying to be pro-active, and they wouldn't talk to me. When we did get behind they were nasty and threatening. They screwed up our loan modification and have now started foreclosure proceedings prematurely. Talk to anyone, they are the most difficult company to deal with and will not work with you for a mutually benificial solution. (like they wouldn't get their money from you anyway). We have had to hire a mitigation service to stop the foreclosure. Even with our, black and white, proof that we are in the right, they will not admitt that they've made a mistake and make it right. Telling me not to pay my electric bill or make my car payments is not the solution. We live in Florida, you cannot live without A/C in July!! and they reposses your vehicles if you don't make your payment!

Palm Bay, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2007 03:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Countrywide-Home-Loans/Van-Nuys-California-91409/Countrywide-Home-Loans-Countrywide-Home-Loans-treat-customers-like-dirt-Ripoff-their-cust-242553. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Countrywide Home Loans