• Report: #420098

• Submitted: Wed, February 04, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, February 04, 2009

• Reported By:Oregon Illinois
Countrywide Mortgage Co
PO Box 961206 FTWX-22 Fort Worth, Texas U.S.A.

Countrywide Home Loans Forced Flood Insurance Fort Worth Texas

I received a letter from countrywide stating that according to FEMA my property was in zone AE, a flood zone, and I would need to get flood insurance. If I did not obtain my own, they would take the money out of my escrow and purchase the coverage through their company, Countrywide Insurance. After arguing with them for about a half an hour I contacted FEMA and they told me how to get the map that Countrywide was using for their determination. I downloaded the map, and surprise surprise , I am NOT in zone AE, I am in zone X, NOT a flood zone.

I again called countrywide and they told me to fax the maps to them. Which I did, twice. No response, and the message saying they will be taking out flood insurance is still on my web page.

I called them again, or at least tried. For some reason their system kept disconnecting me after I put in my account number. So I tried contacting them through the web page. I sent two messages the first was to complain about the forced flood insurance and to ask for the name of the firm that was trying to say I was in a flood zone. The second was to tell them their system kept disconnecting when I called. They ignored the first message and sent a reply to the second one. They told me to call customer service. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to go "duh" on that one. If I wrote you saying I can't get through on the phone, why would you tell me to call??

If they take one dime out of my escrow for flood insurance I don't need I intend to find a lawyer and go to the nearest big city newspaper. Even if they tie it up in court, I'll make sure other people know to watch out for their insurance scam before they take out a loan with them.

Catz
Oregon, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2009 11:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Countrywide-Mortgage-Co/Fort-Worth-Texas-76161-0206/Countrywide-Home-Loans-Forced-Flood-Insurance-Fort-Worth-Texas-420098. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Countrywide Mortgage Co