Complaint Review: Countrywide Mortgage

• Submitted: Fri, August 01, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, March 01, 2009

• Reported By:Cranston Rhode Island
Countrywide Mortgage
PO Box 660694 Dallas, Texas U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Countrywide Mortgage Bogus Value opinion value of home Dallas Texas

*Consumer Comment: PLEASE GET IN TOUCH WITH ME CONCERNING COUNTRYWIDE . 401-539-0768

*Author of original report: Private Mortgage Insurance/Countrywide Mortgage

*Author of original report: Terrence Callahan,Cranston,Rhode Island

Refinanced in early 2008 with Countrywide Mortgage.Countrywide did not accept appraisal from appraiser,home was appraised at $270,000.00 in January 2008.We wanted to refinance out of a interest only loan to a fixed conventional loan.New loan was to be $214,000,Countrywide would not accept appraisal at $270,000 and had their valued opinion/guess value come back at $245,000,so that we would have to pay PMI.If we had to refinance,$250,000 or so I can almost bet they would have accepted the appraisal at $2700,000,but because we only had to refinance with a loan of $214,000 they valued our home at $245,000 just so we would have to pay PMI.We as consumers pay alot of money to licensed appraisers for their services to have a company like Countrywide do and say as they wish.It appears that the services we all pay for on appraisals are wasted,and Countrywide can do as they please with our American dream of owning a home.It took me 2 e-mails,and 4 phone calls to finally get a copy of the paperwork that I should have gotten the closing in March,2008.Countrywide Mortgage did'nt want us to see or have a copy of their value opinion/guess value.

I urge ALL consumers who have a problem with Countrywide Mortgage to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission,I am putting my complaint package together and filing a complaint against Countrywide Mortage.If all who have a problem with Countrywide Mortgage do the same as I am,Tthe Federal Trade Commission has to do something about this company.The Federal Trade Commission investigates all complaints,so lets ALL file a complaint against Countrywide with the Federal Trade Commission and STOP this unfair practice from Countrywide Mortgage.The more information you provide the Federal Trade Commission the better,so get your cases in order and file.Let the consumer provale!!!!!!!!!!!

Tc
Cranston, Rhode Island

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2008 06:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Countrywide-Mortgage/Dallas-Texas-75266-0694/Countrywide-Mortgage-Bogus-Value-opinion-value-of-home-Dallas-Texas-358307. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Countrywide Mortgage

PLEASE GET IN TOUCH WITH ME CONCERNING COUNTRYWIDE . 401-539-0768

AUTHOR: Carolyn - (U.S.A.)

THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME THAT HAPPENED TO YOU WITH COUNTRYWIDE . PLEASE GIVE ME A CALL . I THINK WE CAN DO SOMETHING

PLEASE GET IN TOUCH WITH ME CONCERNING COUNTRYWIDE . 401-539-0768

AUTHOR: Carolyn - (U.S.A.)

Private Mortgage Insurance/Countrywide Mortgage

AUTHOR: Tc - (U.S.A.)

After my original comments about Countrywide Mortgage, I did more research on the company.See, Countrywide Mortgage stated that I HAD to have THEIR private mortage insurance through THEIR company.After e-mailing several company and anyone who was willing to listen,I have found out that YOU DO NOT have to have Countrywides PMI,as a matter of fact you can have the PMI company of your choice,as Countrywide willingly and deliberatly are OVER charging their customers who have PMI with them to much.
See,Countrywide,when challenged and questioned as to why I HAD to have their PMI through THEIR company, I was told that EVERY loan held by Countrywide with PMI would have to be investigated on PMI rates.Countrywide Mortgage stated they are NOT willing to investigate these PMI loans in FEAR of OPENING A LARGE CAN OF WORMS,and that I HAD to have THEIR PMI.They also offered to drop my interest rate lower(something I cound'nt get from them prior to me questioning about PMI),at a cost to me of $500.00 more on paying down on points.
So as one can see,Countrywide Mortgage is knowingly and deliberatly misleading the public on their lending practices.
IS THERE ANYONE IN THIS COUNTRY WHO IS WILLING TO STAND UP TO COUNTRYWIDE MORTGAGE ON THEIR LENDING PRACTICES??

Terrence Callahan,Cranston,Rhode Island

AUTHOR: Tc - (U.S.A.)

Update on my last complaint on Countrywide Mortgage,
I have written extensive letters to Housing of Urban Development and to the Anti-Trust Division of the Federal Trade Commission.I hope these divisions will hold or look into these allegtions against Countrywide Mortgage.I also wrote an extensive letter to the Editor in Chief of the New York Times,and again one to Countrywide Mortgage it-self.I really did'nt expect to recieve a response from the cowardness of Countrywide Mortgage.This is one mortgage lender that DOES NOT stand by their customers.
TC