Complaint Review: Countrywide Moving

• Reported By: Jay — La Grande Oregon United States of America
Countrywide Moving
140 Ethel RD W unit F, Piscataway, NJ 08854 Internet United States of America

Countrywide Moving Hercules Moving Systems Dishonest and Incapable Internet

*Author of original report: No luck so far

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Same Issue

I scheduled a month in advance to have a moving truck arrive at 8 a.m. on the 13th of March, 2010 for my move form Texas to Oregon.  My stuff was estimated at about 3,850 pounds which was going to cost me $1,687 at 45 cents a pound with a special waiver discount. I paid a $500 deposit to get the truck. Not until the evening of the 12th was I informed that there would not be a truck arriving until the 14th around noon.  I had travel plans and hotel reservations across the country.  I told the driver that contacted me, Ricky, that this was not acceptable and that I had reserved a truck for Saturday a month in advance.  He said there was nothing he was going to do about that but have a truck there on Sunday no matter what I said or felt about it, he might be able to knock a hundred dollars off but that was about it.  He told me to have someone else there at the house to let the movers in.

So I had a friend give up three hours of his afternoon to be there while they loaded up the truck.  Then I get a call from some other driver/mover sometime after he has already loaded everything up (has my stuff hostage) he tells me that I have over 9,000 pounds of stuff and he is going to charge me $4,500+ for it and that half of that needed to be paid right there on the spot.  He had some fool proof method for "guessing" the weight.  Turned out not to be more foolish than fool proof in the end.  I agreed to pay him a thousand dollars (almost double what I was supposed to) there and we would weigh the load in Oregon where I could be present and if it really weighed that much then we would pay the difference there.  The next day Ricky called me and said that HE had weighed it and that it weighed 6,100 pounds.  I told him I didn't care what he did when I wasn't around we would weigh it in Oregon and that's what I would pay him.  He said my total bill was $4,000 dollars, I told him it wasn't he pretty much hung up.

When the driver showed up in Oregon he once again held my things hostage and wouldn't unload the truck unless I paid him the remaining $2,500.  He said I would be refunded the difference if the weight came up differently.  BOY OH BOY did it come up differently.  With a before and after weight of the truck my load weighed 4,780 pounds.  Not 9,000+ and not 6,100.  I paid $3,997.00 for a job that should have cost $2,151.00.  After contacting the company multiple times for my refund I have yet to hear back from them about my $1,846.00 refund that I am due. Then there's the damaged furniture.

Wooden bed frame scratched, dented and gouged.
5 plastic storage crates scratched and dented
1 metal trash can smashed and dented
A very nice wood frame electric fire place and mantel chipped and cracked
wooden bar stools scratched and gouged.

This was reported to the driver before he left and I still have yet to receive anything for the damages.

Do NOT use:

CountryWide Moving Inc.
140 Ethel RD W Unit F
Piscataway, NJ 08854

Get a hold of me if you have any questions.  Anyone interested in legally representing me too, I'll be heading that route very soon to receive compensation for my over billing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2010 09:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Countrywide-Moving/internet/Countrywide-Moving-Hercules-Moving-Systems-Dishonest-and-Incapable-Internet-585386. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Countrywide Moving

No luck so far

AUTHOR: Jae - (United States of America)

I have been threatened by the company to take down my report (which is accurate), and then shortly after that contacted by a customer service rep saying she will work to resolve the situation, but those were both about three weeks ago.

I'll update or remove the report if I'm ever reimbursed for my overbilling.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Same Issue

AUTHOR: montana - (United States of America)

Hi.  I am having a similar problem with this company.  Unfortunately for me, I found this website after hiring them.  Long story short...they changed the moving date, changed the times multiple times, pressured my elderly parents (who were doing me a favor by waiting at my house for the movers) into accepting that it was way more weight than originally quoted and now are saying they can not deliver my goods when promised and I will have to wait a month for my stuff!!!!  I was wondering if/how you got this resolved?
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC