Complaint Review: Countrywide Transport - Zen Van Lines

• Updated: Fri, October 30, 2009

• Reported By: Mark — acworth Georgia United States of America
Countrywide Transport - Zen Van Lines
4514 Chamblee-Dunwoody Rd Internet United States of America

Countrywide Transport - Zen Van Lines Sloppy, unskilled movers; damaged items, wont honor insurance claim; Paul Bedi misled me Internet

Prior to our household move I carefully researched possible choices and decided on Zen Van Lines. They offered a fair price, had no outstanding BBB claims and the state of Georgia records showed that they had just a couple of disputes with clients that were resolved.

On the day of the move I noticed that the men would sometimes carry loaded boxes upside down. When I mentioned this to the move boss he would instruct the men (in spanish as non of them were english speakers) to carry them right-side up but the problem persisted. When a problem arose that I needed to resolve with owner Paul Bedi, the men sat and waited for 30 minutes (still on the clock) until we reached a resolution. I had had the carpets professionally cleaned while the house was empty a few days prior to the move. I asked the move boss if the men had shoe protectors or if they could modify their method of unloading the truck to minimize soiling the carpet and was told 'no'. [continued below]....

..... After the truck was unloaded the carpets lookedlike they hadnt been cleaned in years as opposed to looking almost new the morning of the move-in.

After the moving crew left I began to notice damages to our furniture and breakage of hoousehold items. I called Mr Bedi the following Monday to notify him that we would be filing a damage claim. He instructed me to take pictures and get estimates and forward them to him so he could take care of the claim. I told him that since I was working out-of-town I might not be able to comply right away but that I would follow through. Mr Bedi assured me that it would not be a problem. Now, after filing the claim I received a phone message from him informing me that my $200 claim is denied as it was filed after the 90 claim period following our move. He never mentioned the claim period (nor did the move boss but he did pressure me into buying the insurance saying that you never can tell if something might get damaged during a move) or instruct me not to delay too long in submitting my claim. I purchased the insurance at the advice of your move boss (who was quite persistant), submit my claim and do the right thing like you said you would, Mr Bedi.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2009 10:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Countrywide-Transport-Zen-Van-Lines/internet/Countrywide-Transport-Zen-Van-Lines-Sloppy-unskilled-movers-damaged-items-wont-honor-517360. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Countrywide Transport - Zen Van Lines