Complaint Review: Countrywide Transport

• Submitted: Wed, March 21, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, March 21, 2012

• Reported By: Nick — Henderson Nevada United States of America
Countrywide Transport

Countrywide Transport Totally unreliable. Car never collected once deposit was taken. CAVEAT EMPTOR! Internet

I placed my order on February 27 2012 after a pleasant phone call with 'Chris' from Countrywide. He promised collection of my vehicle from Charleston SC 'in the next few days' and delivery in Nevada a week to ten days later. I was very pleased and happily paid the $150 deposit over the phone.

/me IDIOT!

The warning bells should have gone off when once the deposit is collected things change.... A week later and the car was still not collected. Now emails were not replied to and when I phoned it rings and rings and rings. On the couple of occasions that Chris answered he was on a cellphone and always consoled me and assured that it was just taking a few days longer than planned.

I foolishly agreed to wait another week (even though this meant I had to rent a car)... and waited... and waited... then another TWO weeks passed... I threatened to dispute the order as Countrywide was now way past their agreed delivery date and my car still hadnt even been collected from Charleston.

Once again, I foolishly called them and was reassured that shipments were not going across country because it the weather was too cold! I wanted to believe that the car would get her and naively agreed to give them another week. I set a deadline and they gave me 100% reassurance that my car would be here by March 20th.

Another two weeks later and its now March 21st. No answers to my emails and voicemails. Guess what? Car is still sitting on my driveway in Charleston SC. I am stuck with paying rental car fees here in Nevada and my car hasnt moved. I have resorted to cancelling the deposit with my Credit card.

I have never left a BAD REVIEW for a company before, and wanted to give Countrywide every opportunity to come up with the goods. I dont like the idea of being scammed, I had hoped for some honesty. Even if they had been honest up front and told me it would take a few weeks... or even maybe a month... it would have swayed my opinion.

I am seriously $$$ out of pocket, have wasted many hours of my time and a month later my car hasnt moved and I've finally given up and decided to fly back and drive myself. Costing time off work, fuel and lots of hassle. More money down the drain  :(

CAVEAT EMPTOR!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2012 11:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Countrywide-Transport/internet/Countrywide-Transport-Totally-unreliable-Car-never-collected-once-deposit-was-taken-CAV-857313. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Countrywide Transport