Complaint Review: Countrywide

• Submitted: Tue, April 03, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, April 27, 2007

• Reported By:Marietta Georgia
Countrywide
P.O. Box 660694 Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Countrywide Home Loans Customer Service is a Joke ripoff Dallas Texas

*Consumer Comment: Read my story

*Consumer Suggestion: Don't be real trusting of Countrywide

*Author of original report: Response From Countrywide

I forget my original mortgage company because my loan has been purchased a couple of times since I actually secured it about 6 years ago. My last mortgage company was Aurora and I received a letter in the latter part of February, 2007, stating that my loan had been purchased AGAIN, this time by Countrywide Home Loans. No further correspondence was received from Aurora and certainly none was received from Countrywide.

In accordance with my contract and since I had not been contacted by Countrywide, I made my NORMAL monthly mortgage payment to Aurora on March 1, 2007.

On or about March 10, 2007, I began receiving Automated Phone Calls that were intercepted by my Privacy Director. We attempted to answer each and every call but was never able to hear the entire message or even the telephone number that we were supposed to call from Countrywide. After nearly two weeks of these almost daily Automated Calls I went to the Countrywide Website and determined that there was no way to contact them via the Internet unless I had an Account Number and was enrolled in their system. Since I had no information, I could not enroll. I did locate an 800 number which I called.

I was informed by the CSR that my loan payment for March was late. I told the CSR that I had made my normal monthly mortgage payment to Aurora since I had received NOTHING from Countrywide. She told me that the Automated Calls would stop and that they would send out a "Welcome Package" via the USPS.

Neither the Automated Calls stopped nor did I receive the "Welcome Package" from Countrywide.

On the 23rd of March I received a Monthly Statement from Countrywide that showed my March payment was LATE and that I owed a LATE FEE to Countrywide. I was furious. I contacted the 800 number again and spoke to a different CSR (Delinda) who stated that she showed that the March Payment had been received from Aurora and that she could not see a LATE FEE charged on my Account. She also told me that the Automated Calls would stop. As of this date, we have not received anymore Automated Calls.

Over the last weekend, March 31st, I finally received a "Welcome Package" dated March 12th. It took nearly three weeks to get to me.

I enrolled in the Countrywide Website and found that I was INDEED being charged the LATE FEE by Countrywide for my "late" payment for March.

I have sent an Email detailing my dilemna to the Customer Service Center of Countrywide. They clearly state that they respond to ALL INQUERIES within 48 hours, it's now been 72 hours and no Email nor any Phone Call from Countrywide. The LATE FEE is still outstanding on my Account and I have sent my April 1st payment via my bank (electronic payment) to Countrywide.

I am an Involuntary Customer of Countrywide and so far I can only say that Countrywide is a very poor company to do business with. It seems that they care nothing of their customers or how they treat them.

I would recommend that if you are considering Countrywide as a Home Loan business, steer clear of them, they don't care about you, only your money and the ability to separate as much cash from you as they can.

Stephen
Marietta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2007 11:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Countrywide/Dallas-Texas-75266-0694/Countrywide-Home-Loans-Customer-Service-is-a-Joke-ripoff-Dallas-Texas-242230. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Countrywide

Read my story

AUTHOR: Wj - (U.S.A.)

I have just posted my own story about countrywide, you might find it telling.
It seems like with this company, the right hand never knows what the left hand is doing.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Don't be real trusting of Countrywide

AUTHOR: C - (U.S.A.)

You can't trust Countrywide at all they will pull something else and then try to foreclose on you. If more people would stand up to our Government and tell them that they need to regulate what these Mortgage companies are doing maybe so many people wouldn't get hurt and RIPED OFF by them.They screwed me over and they will you to.We the people need to Protest against these companies in order to make them stop.

Response From Countrywide

AUTHOR: Stephen - (U.S.A.)

I received an email response from Countrywide today. They apologized for the Problems and Inconveniences I have experienced so far.

They removed the Late Fee and showed where my April Mortgage Payment was received.

I will be watching my statements very closely from now on. I'm still not happy about being a Involuntary Countrywide Customer, but for the moment they are no longer hassling me.

Since I refinanced my home 6 years ago, I've NEVER been late with my Mortgage Payment and I didn't want to start off with a new Mortgage Company with my first payment being late due to no fault of my own.