Complaint Review: Countrywide

• Submitted: Fri, June 15, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, June 15, 2007

• Reported By:spring hill Florida
Countrywide
P.O. Box 5170 Simi Valley, California U.S.A.

Countrywide Home Loans Increased payment $250 for non existant insurance increase ripoff Simi Valley, California

My house payment went up $250 per month in March of 2007 per Countrywide due to a substantial increase in my homeowners insurance. I am escrowed with this account.

After logging onto my acct. I see they say my premium is $1669.71 per year. I call my agent. He says no I am 1167.00 per year. So why am I paying $250 more per month to Countrywide. I call and Michael says he can decrease my payment in August to $882. I say I have been paying $250 to much since March and he agrees to do a report for me. Lo and behold when I mention going to the state he says he can give me my regular payment back now and a refund for the overpayment.

How deceptive is that. He was not going to do this until I threatened the state. I have every intention of contacting the State of FLorida about this company and urge anyone else to do the same. If enough complaints come in they will have to investigate. I also urge anyone to find a new company and refinance with them and tell Countrywide to go find someone else to scam.

Mary
spring hill, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2007 01:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Countrywide/Simi-Valley-California-93062-5170/Countrywide-Home-Loans-Increased-payment-250-for-non-existant-insurance-increase-ripoff-S-254755. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Countrywide