Complaint Review: Countrywide/Landsafe Appraisal

• Updated: Mon, June 02, 2008

• Reported By:Southern Illinois
Countrywide/Landsafe Appraisal
www.countrywide.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Countrywide/ Landsafe Appraisal Ripoff Countrywide/ Landsafe Appraisal Ripoff Somewhere California

In May 2007 my husband and I inherited his grandmothers house that was worth 118K according to appraisal done that month. We took out a mortgage through another lender and they did an appraisal that month giving me the 118K figure.

In August 2007 we were transferred to Countrywide. In December we were contacted by Theodore Birkett giving us a great song and dance about refinancing. It would be no problem. We owed no where near 70 % of what our house was worth.

He sends out a landsafe appraiser after we paid him $395. This guy comes out and degrades our home telling us that no one would want to live there. His appraisal comes in at $71,000. This is not 7 months after the original appraisal. Therefore Countrywide can do nothing for us, because we owe more than the house is worth.

When comparing the original appraisal and the appraisal that landsafe did, there were significant differences. Rooms were incorrectly measured or left off altogether. Decks were gone, the pool was gone, the garage was missing, and many other things as well. When I contacted my original appraiser, he told me that there was no way the value had gone down that much. The landsafe appraiser told me the things he left off were not important and didn't matter anyways.

After multiple calls to countrywide and landsafe, we cannot get a return phone call. We are now out $395 for an appraisal that is worthless and I have 2 babies at home, so I could have really used that money.

Oh and did I mention that just last week, June 08, Countrywide is again contacting me about refinancing. And they seemed very surprised when I told them what had happened. It was like they didn't have any record of this in the computer.

Stay away from these people. They will rip you off.

Mommy ripped off
Southern, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2008 06:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CountrywideLandsafe-Appraisal/nationwide/Countrywide-Landsafe-Appraisal-Ripoff-Countrywide-Landsafe-Appraisal-Ripoff-Somewhere-Ca-336507. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Countrywide/Landsafe Appraisal