Complaint Review: County Imports Or Country Motorsports

• Submitted: Mon, May 19, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, June 20, 2012

• Reported By:Alma Michigan
County Imports Or Country Motorsports
727 Clovis Avenue Clovis, California U.S.A.

County Imports Or Country Motorsports New Moped Broke In First 25 Miles, Bad Engine, No Refund, No Warrenty, No Service, No Satisfaction, No Returned Calls, No Returned E-mails Clovis California

*Consumer Comment: I had a similar incident CHARLESTON, SC

With gas prices on the climb, I wanted to buy a more fuel efficient means of transportation -- a moped. I ordered the moped I wanted on April 22, 2008. By April 29, 2008, the moped had NOT been shipped. I e-mailed regarding the shipping of the moped and was told, "the shipment went out". I spoke with the shipping company and they had no record of the shipment. On April 30, 2008, I started getting e-mails saying the the shipment was in transit to my home...???...??? The shipment arrived at my home on May 7, 2008.

When the Estes delivery truck arrived, I was excited to open the box! However, when I opened the box, it was not the make, model, or color of moped that I ordered and paid for. I was then in a predicament. If I reject the shipment, I would have to pay for the shipping. But, if I accept the shipment, I have a moped and I could get over the fact that it wasn't the exact one that I ordered... So, I accepted the shipment.

Registering with the DMV... I needed a document called an MCO (Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin) in order to register the moped for street-legal riding. My options were to wait another 1 to 4 weeks for this paperwork or pay $28.00 for express shipping of this document. So, I paid for the express shipping on May 7, 2008 at 3:02 PM EST (12:02 PST). However, CMS didn't ship the paperwork immediately. On May 8, 2008, I inquired regarding the paperwork and was told, "The MCO will be shipped today". That NEVER happened!!! Still no paperwork on May 9, 10, 11, 12... Finally, on May 13, 2008, the paperwork was shipped FedEx Express. I DID NOT GET A REFUND FOR THE OVERNIGHT EXPRESS SHIPPING EVEN THOUGH THEY SAID THIS ON MAY 13, "I gave the package to fedex and you will have it today. I apologize for the delay I just couldnt get out of the office to drive across town to fed ex. I am really sorry. Please let me know when you receive the title".

I registered the moped at the DMV and found out that I had to pay the state tax on the purchase (approximately $64.00). Then, I went for my first ride. On the 25th mile of the ride, on May 13, 2008, the engine died! I had to push the moped home, nearly one mile. I am glad I was on my way home!!! I e-mailed CMS regarding the breakdown. Since May 13, 2008, I have heard nothing regarding new parts, warranty, refund, etc. Nothing!!! It is now May 20, 2008, nearly one month since I placed the order -- and I can't even ride the moped I didn't order!

CMS will not communicate with you. Their website boasts, "100% satisfaction guarantee". However, they do not truly do business by that claim . I have spoken with the Better Business Bureau and found that CMS is unsatisfactory in status. Please beware of any purchases you make with CMS. Had I known what kind of a rip-off company they were before the purchase, I would have sought a more reputable company.

Since I have not heard from CMS, I have spent another $379.00 for a new engine from another company. I am doing all of the repair work, myself. I also had to purchase some new tools, at a cost of nearly $100.00. I ordered a Service Manual for another $10.00. You can see that it has gotten a lot more costly than just the original investment price.

To make it right -- CMS should reimburse me for the late MCO ($28.00), the engine ($379.00), tools ($100.00), service manual ($10.00), and anything reasonable for the work I have had to perform. That is, at least, $517.00.

Rob
Alma, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2008 10:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/County-Imports-Or-Country-Motorsports/Clovis-California-93612/County-Imports-Or-Country-Motorsports-New-Moped-Broke-In-First-25-Miles-Bad-Engine-No-Re-333630. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on County Imports Or Country Motorsports

I had a similar incident CHARLESTON, SC

AUTHOR: G.M. - (United States of America)

Report: #745160  LOOK AT THIS LOSER!  MOPEDS!