efficient

• Submitted: Mon, August 16, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, August 16, 2010

• Reported By: Marietta — Morongo Valley California United States of America
County of San Bernardino
12402 Industrial Blvd D6, Victorville, Ca 92393 San Bernardino, California United States of America

County of San Bernardino Department of Water/Sanitation Senior citizen denied water! This water company has three times broken California Legal Code/Public Utilities Code Rules. I'm 72 & have no water. San Bernardino, California

I am 72 years old and my only income is Social Security of $980/month.  This company removed my water meter over 8 years ago for non-pay - correctly so but, I am still charge every other month for their 'facilities charges' for these 8 years.  I have paid them almost $2500 in 'deliquent charges' to date.  To stop the 'facilitiies charges' I was told to submit in writing a 'request to disconnect service' - which I did  August 2009 after all bills were paid.  After repeated requests they finally mailed me their 'cost estimate' (over $550) December 10, 2009 plus - my account must be current.  By that time the balance (from 0) was back up to over $400.  Over the years I've made repeated requests for a 'payment plan' but was always told I could not do so which is a violation of under Public Utilities Code - 16482.1 (d) (4)(5)(7) that allows payment arrangements.

August 27, 2008 they recorded a Lien ($394) on my 2008 Property Tax Bill that was paid December 10, 2009.  Under Public Utilities Code -16472.1(a)(b) they had 30 days to file the County Lien Release.  After repeated requests they finally issued the Lien Release December 2009- one year later!  Their delay cost me my application for a Rehab Loan from the County (to repair my well and a new roof).  Loan could not be made with Lien on property.

August 10 , 2010 they requested a new Lien for over $500 be placed on my property tax bill.  I sent a Letter of Protest to the Board of Supervisors but, so far they can not tell me what is going to happen.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2010 06:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/County-of-San-Bernardino/San-Bernardino-California-92393/County-of-San-Bernardino-Department-of-WaterSanitation-Senior-citizen-denied-water-This-632020. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on County of San Bernardino