Complaint Review: CouponTravelShop.com

• Updated: Fri, June 08, 2012

• Reported By: Anonymous — Pikeville Kentucky United States of America
CouponTravelShop.com
1121 S Military Trail #269 Deerfield Beach, Florida United States of America

CouponTravelShop.com CouponTravelShop, MyMaxSavingsClub, MyMaxSavingsClub.com, Coupon Travel Shop, My Max Savings Club Voted in a phony presidential candidate poll, then was offered a $100 gas card for completing the poll. Deerfield Beach, Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Please listen more closely

*UPDATE Employee: You DO Get any and all offers in gift basket including gas rebate

I clicked on something that looked like a presidential candidate poll. Once I voted I was to fill out a form with my email and phone number. Shortly after doing so, I received a phone call with a middle-aged woman asking me why I voted for the particular candidate. It wasn't scientific at all. I sensed something fishy from the start, but she said that I would receive a $100 gas gift card for mine to keep since I voted in this poll. All I had to do was provide my credit card number to be charged only $3.90 for a 14-day trial of MyMaxSavingsClub.com and CouponTravelShop.com. She said that if I canceled within the trial period I would still receive the gas card and she went on to give me the numerous reasons why it would be foolish to not want a gas card just for trying out a program. This seemed eerily similar to scores of other scams and what raised an even bigger red flag for me is the fact that the "company" was based in Florida. A majority of scams that offer free cruises, tickets to Disney world , etc. are based in Florida.

So I received my package in the mail a few days later but there was no sign of a free gas card for me to keep. Right after I finish typing this email, I will call and cancel it and not expect any gas card. I will be carefully monitoring my credit card statement and disputing any unknown charges since I did not get what I was told.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/29/2012 04:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CouponTravelShopcom/Deerfield-Beach-Florida-33442/CouponTravelShopcom-CouponTravelShop-MyMaxSavingsClub-MyMaxSavingsClubcom-Coupon-Trav-846709. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CouponTravelShop.com

Please listen more closely

AUTHOR: Moon88 - (United States of America)

The offer is not for a GIFT CARD.  The offer is for a $100 gas rebate and a $100 Wal-Mart rebate, not gift cards.  Also, the information is not sent through the U.S. mail, it is all electronic and would have gone to this persons email (remember to check your filters to make sure it gets to your inbox).

You DO Get any and all offers in gift basket including gas rebate

AUTHOR: offershelpandinfo - (United States of America)

Your gas rebate will not be mailed to you initially, you must check your e-mail including SPAM folders.