Complaint Review: Courtesy Chevrolet

• Updated: Sun, August 16, 2009

• Reported By: Eric — Casa Grande Arizona USA
Courtesy Chevrolet
www.courtesychev.com Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

Courtesy Chevrolet Dealership sold me a used vehicle under the cash for clunkers program. Courtesy Chevrolet took back the vehicle and have not refunded the money I paid them. Casa Grande, Arizona

On July 20th I drove off the lot at Courtesy Chevrolet with a 2009 Chevy Malibu. I was very excited about the car, since my old Chevy pick-up that I traded in under the Gov. "Cash for Clunker" program had no A/C, and I do a lot of commuting in my line of work. The dealership at Courtesy gave me $3500 toward the purchase of the 09 Malibu and I was pleased with the deal.     On Aug 7th the Sales Manager at Courtesy Chevrolet on Camelback Rd. in Phoenix called me and informed me that I had to bring the vehicle back and pick out another car and that he was sorry to announce that my new car did not meet the criteria for the $3500 rebate. The other option, the Sales Manager said, was that I could come up with the additional $3500 and keep the new car. I told them I would gladly bring the car back to them as long as they still had my trade in and I could get a full refund.    The next day I returned the Malibu and took back my 1996 Chevy truck. My jumper cables and floor mats that I had forgotten to take out of the truck were missing, and I was told that Courtesy Chevrolet could not refund  $25,276.52 , that I paid them in full, becauce their finance department was not open on Saturday.

Since this Dealership tried to sell a used car under the Gov. program and the Malibu already had 3900 miles on it, it did not qualify as new. In addition the 2009 Malibu with a V-6 only got 20 empg combine (3.6 liter engine), the minimum required is 22. This explains why Courtesy wanted me to pick out another car. Hopefully I wont have to wait much longer for the money I paid them. It has been a little over a week and no one will return my calls regaurdindg the 25k that is still floating around in some big wigs mad money account. I'm pro America products, but when you can't get an honest deal when you try, whats the point?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2009 08:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Courtesy-Chevrolet/Phoenix-Arizona-85014/Courtesy-Chevrolet-Dealership-sold-me-a-used-vehicle-under-the-cash-for-clunkers-program-480621. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Courtesy Chevrolet