Complaint Review: Cousins USA Movers

• Updated: Thu, February 17, 2011

• Reported By: DJP — Palm Harbor Florida United States of America
Cousins USA Movers
3551 NW 15th St Lauderhill, Florida United States of America

Cousins USA Movers Stevens Van Lines Arrive late, break and damage furniture, over charge credit card. Lauderhill, Florida

Came one hour late, no phone call; and the 4 hour drive, maybe 5 by truck, took them 8 hours and they called me three times because they got lost.  One mover told me his name was Charles, but the driver later said his name was Jean. I think they just grabbed one of their friends. Anyway, I was given an estimate of $1664.89. They took a credit card deposit of $100.00.After the move, I signed a credit card receipt authorizing a final charge for the final balance of $1564.89. When I checked my credit card, they charged $356.00 extra, without authorization or notification. The drivers also damaged every piece of furniture on the truck, including breaking a lamp and a coffee table, dragging a mattress, and also one of the drivers asked me if he could have some of my furniture. An estimate is one thing, but when I sign a credit card slip for a certain amount and a business just charges whatever they want, this is a big problem for anyone who owns a credit card. I gave them a tip because they did hard work and got the stuff here, but I wish i didn't. I would have rather have ripped the money up than give it to them. DO NOT USE THEM TO MOVE CRAP OFF OF A SIDEWALK.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2011 09:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cousins-USA-Movers/Lauderhill-Florida-33311/Cousins-USA-Movers-Stevens-Van-Lines-Arrive-late-break-and-damage-furniture-over-charge-696872. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cousins USA Movers