Complaint Review: Covad

• Updated: Wed, October 10, 2007

• Reported By:harrisburg Pennsylvania
Covad
www.covad.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Covad Communications Billing account for 2 months, when the account was cancelled by phone. San Jose California

During the month of September, I had called and explained that I had transfered my DSL account, Phone account and cabel to Comcast. I wanted to cancel my account. I should have been refunded 29.95 for September. Three days later I recieved a call, from Covad to return back to their company. I declined.

On October 10, I viewed my bank statement and realized that Covad had used my same checking account and charged it $29.95 again. I called and spoke to 3 different associates that explained that they could see the service was not used since September, but they have no notes in there system stating I wanted to cancel. I asked, how the notes are entered and the Manager on Duty-said by hand. I said so, even though you can see the service was not used for 2 months--you won't help me, because you don't see any notes from the associates.

My word against the company. How is anyone going to beable to prove they called to cancel--If the proof of me not using the service was not enough and that the company even called back for my buisness was still not enough. The fact that they feel there associates make no mistakes and the biggest problem of all is that this company now has 60 dollars of my money--which is not a big deal to them, but it sure is to me and my family.

Trina
harrisburg, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2007 06:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Covad/nationwide/Covad-Communications-Billing-account-for-2-months-when-the-account-was-cancelled-by-phone-278283. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Covad