Complaint Review: Covenant Technology, Computers, Networking & Web Page Disign

• Submitted: Fri, July 20, 2001
  • Updated: Fri, July 20, 2001

• Reported By:
Covenant Technology, Computers, Networking & Web Page Disign
640 Federal Road Brookfield, 06804 U.S.A.

Ripped off and beaten up! by Covenant Technology, Computers, Networking & Web Page Disign

I brought 2 computers to look at to this company. First needed installation of a new operation system. The second did not work. The owner asked $125 for the 1st computer and for the 2nd (from which I removed not working hard drive) another $65. I agreed to a service for the first computer and said that I would not pay the $65 if everything was okay and the computer just required booting up with a new hard drive. He told me to leave the computer anyway.

On the paper work he wrote Format, Setup, Install Windows ME, $125 which he circled. I signed it. He did not offer a copy. I had to deliver a CD with windows later. Few day later I got the message that my computers were ready. I called him on 07/18/01. Drivers for the vide card, sound card and USB ports were not loaded. He asked me to pay extra $25 for loading them. I asked for a total price and he said it would be some $200.

He said that there was no problem with my second computer, he just turned it on and charged me $65. Additionally he informed me that I had a bad memory chip in my first computer. It was good when he tested it on 07/06/01. I said I would not pay the $65, since I did not authorize this work, as we discussed. He hanged up.

I showed up at the store half-hour later and told him that I had no problem paying for what I ordered, but not for I did not order and that we needed to discuss the memory chip.

He would not accept VISA, MC or AMEX (he displays the signs in the window) and wanted cash. He refused to release my computers and the software I left with him. He told me that the computer is not finished.

I moved to the bench where the computer was standing and took it and when I tried to pick up my other computer, he approached me from behind and hit me hard in the arm, grabbed my other computer and threw it in the back of the store.

I walked out and called to police. When the police arrived the owner presented them with the paper work, which now under encircled $125 I signed had the disputed $65 added on.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Covenant-Technology-Computers-Networking-Web-Page-Disign/Brookfield-06804/Ripped-off-and-beaten-up-by-Covenant-Technology-Computers-Networking-Web-Page-Disign-5821. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Covenant Technology, Computers, Networking & Web Page Disign