Complaint Review: Covenant Transport

• Updated: Fri, June 08, 2012

• Reported By: ben — Dallas Texas United States of America
Covenant Transport
400 Birmingham Hwy, Chattanooga, Tennessee United States of America

Covenant Transport From 2006 to 2008 Covenant stole money from me continuously Chattanooga, Tennessee

I signed on with Covenant in 2006.  I was surprised that a Christian company would steal from me.  They had promised to pay my loan off to the truck driving school, about 100 dollars a month, and then did not do it.  When I called about it, the lady on the phone laughed at me and said, "what are you going to do about it?"  She knew there wasn't anything I could do!

Covenant cheated me out of around 20% of my miles.  If a trip was 2000 miles, they would pay 1600 or so.  It's just pure thievery.  Out of route miles are something different.  I was always ok on that; i followed their routing.  When I was teaming and later as a trainer, the  cheating was less blatant, around 15%.  When I was solo they would steal 20%.  Fine Christians.

It's true, what people say on this site, Covenant puts false data on the DAC reports.  They did it to me.  I hit a curb and flattened a tire.  It was 180 dollars to fix.  They put this on there as an accident!  It was inside a TA truck stop.  I should have just taken it to the shop and got it fixed on my own.

I remember in June 2008, when they were bringing in the 5 dollar fee for idling.  It was about 98 degrees in Alabama where I was.  I asked my dispatcher, would they be giving me a Tri-Pac?  He said no.  The a-c was not working on the truck anyway.   I said, send me into Chattanooga, and I quit that place.  I have no regrets about leaving.  Worked with 2 other companies since then, much, much, better.

They lie, they cheat, and they steal, and they know exactly what they are doing.  On the other hand, there was a lot of interesting freight, going to places all over the west, Utah, California, Wyoming, and all over.  I had a lot of fun.  Maybe some of you were pulling the pin in the old trucks, so the idle time wouldn't show  up on the Quallcomm?  I got away with that for a year.  But the 2008 trucks, you couldn't do that anymore.  Darn!

If you are reading this and thinking Covenant will pay your trucking school loan, I talked to a lot of drivers who went through the same thing.  Covenant promised to pay it, and then didn't.  They are evil.  David Parker can go to h*ll.  I mean that literally.  Where will this guy go when he dies?  He has a lot to answer for.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2012 06:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Covenant-Transport/Chattanooga-Tennessee-/Covenant-Transport-From-2006-to-2008-Covenant-stole-money-from-me-continuously-Chattanoog-894962. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Covenant Transport