Complaint Review

18007215202
Category:
Trucking Companies

Covenant Transport Payroll Cheated Chattanooga Tennessee

*Author of original report: You're wrong.

*UPDATE Employee: Who did you talk to in payroll?

*Author of original report: situation resolved

I was cheat by the payroll department.

I drive as a team. My co-driver and I were given a dedicated route. We normally get paid by the mile. We were to get a flat rate of $1000 per week. The first week payroll made a mistake and payed us milage pay. Instead of $1000 I recieved $670. I notified my fleet manager who was supposed to notify the payroll department and payroll would fix the error. I assumed they would add the  $300 my paycheck was short to the next paycheck. My co-driver assumed the same thing as well as my fleet manager. Seems reasonable right? Is this what they did? HELL NO!!

The next week I recieved a check for $125. $125 for seven days of work. Somehow payroll reduced what should have been an $800 net to $125. I called payroll and argued with them for over 30 minutes. They insisted that there was no mistake. They told me adding the $330 that my check was short the previous week to my present check would be bad accounting practices. What they had done was paid me $2000. $1000 for the week they owed me and $1000 for the previos week I was shorted. That put me into a higher tax bracket. Fine there's nothing I can do about that. I also had to pay health insurance. That means I should have had at least $1200-1300 left. What payroll did was to take the milage pay I received the week before by mistake out of the $2000. I agreed with them, They should have taken $670, the amount I was paid the previos week, out of the $2000. I should have recievd a check for $670. I insisted that they had taken too much milage pay back. They would not admidt that they had done that. I know they made a mistake because my co-driver showed me his check and it was close to the amount i should have been paid.

They payroll depart will take money out of your check they they are not supposed to.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2014 05:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Covenant-Transport/Chattanooga-Tennessee/Covenant-Transport-Payroll-Cheated-Chattanooga-Tennessee-1151302. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Covenant Transport

You're wrong.

AUTHOR: Kevin - ()

I know what happened in this situation. I know exactly what my pay rate was and how it was calculated. I didn't want to call any one in payroll out by name but I spoke to Luanne and Laura? Lisa? I don't remember. It started with an L. The reason I went to my fleet manager is your fleet manager is always the person you go to first with any problem. I was originally supposed to be given a charge back. At least that's what my fleet manager told me would happen. When that is not what happened I went directly to payroll.

As for dedicated routes being paid a flat rate and not mileage it does happen. If you never heard that that you are not well informed. The dedicated route I was given was only 4500 miles per week. It paid $1000 per week. Otherwise no driver would want mileage pay. The $1000 was an incentive to get drivers who were making less than that each week. The are plenty of dedicated routes that play a flat salary instead of mileage.

Ive been working since I was 15. In 30 years I've worked for dozens of companies. I've NEVER had a company tell me they made a mistake on my paycheck and then tell me that they need to take money out of my next paycheck to fix their error. That is absolutely horrible business practice. If Covenent wants to lower ther driver turnover rate they should never short a driver their pay.

Since leaving Covenant I now make 1500 a week. I'm home ever weekend and my company has better CSA scores than Covenant.

Who did you talk to in payroll?

AUTHOR: Driverjoe27 - ()

I don't believe this for a minute!! Who in payroll did you talk to?

I know most of the women in payroll. I have been here for 6.5 years and have dealt with all of them on various payroll mistakes and questions over the years.

Plus on a personal rant I want to make sure I mention this. There are 5-6 ladies who work payroll and process over 4000 employees every week between drivers, and non drivers across mutliple states. These ladies bust their asses and deserve the utmost respect.

I have NEVER had ANY issue getting my payroll mistakes fixed. ALSO why would you notifiy your fleet manager? They have NOTHING to do with payroll unless a charge back is needed. In which case payroll can't process it until the fleet manager submits it...

I have also never heard of any dedicated route that pays a set dollar amount and not by the mile. Are you sure that's the case??

I know some divisions like amazon engineered have a 5000 mile guarantee.

Either way payroll is not there to cheat you out of your money. They don't benefit in any way, shape, or form by what you get paid.

My guess is you are mistaken about how your paid or what your paid, and/or are calculating it incorrectly.

Joe

situation resolved

AUTHOR: Kevin - ()

I spoke with someone at the company  this morning and the situation was resolved to my satisfaction. They agreed to look into the matter further and make sure I would receive all of the money I was entitled to.

MORE FEATURED REPORTS