Complaint Review: Coverdell Canada

• Updated: Thu, October 03, 2013

• Reported By: Andrea — Dundas Ontario
Coverdell Canada
Brampton Ontario Brampton, Ontario Canada

Coverdell Canada Lifestyle Essentials after declining their offer through the Hudson's Bay Company by phone and e-mail they went ahead and started charging my credit card with their monthy fees Brampton Ontario

In the spring of 2013, I was contacted by telephone by a company called Coverdell who told me that they were making me an offer because I was a good customer of the Hudson's Bay Company; they got my information from the Hudson's Bay Company.  It was some kind of offer at about $20.00 per month to buy gift cards, but what the company primarily deals with (from what services are offered on their website (www.coverdell.ca) is insurance.

I told them over the telephone that I was not interested in their offer and I declined their offer.  I also declined their offer by e-mail.  Then, as I had not used my Bay card at all over the summer months, but I got a call from Capital One Finance saying that my balance was overdue.  I looked at my statement and there was a charge from Coverdell Canada Brampton; then I went back over the statements from June, July, August and found that I was being charged $22.59 (charge plus taxes) per month for the months of June, July, August, September.

I contacted Coverdell and they said that they would not have charged without authorization, but would have to look into their telephone records and e-mail as the representative would not be able to do it over the phone without her supervisor.

I went onto the internet and have found other people being victims of the same ploy.  Whether or not Coverdell offers good services is not the point.  I told them no verbally, I e-mailed them no and I was still charged and now I am having to spend time, energy and money trying to have this situation reversed.  I am disappointed in the Hudson's Bay Company for allowing my information to be passed along to another company.   I also am outraged because the Hudson's Bay Company does not protect their customers.  I did not give authorization to this company and yet the billing came through on my Hudson's Bay card.  How can this be legal?!  I did not sign up for their offer, but yet I have been billed for four months.

I encourage people to check over their credit card statements even when you have taken precautions to decline an offer that you are not interested in.  I have frozen my Hudson's Bay Card and I am considering cancelling it altogether. I am offering my story in the hope that if someone else has not noticed small charges on their Hudson's Bay card that they have not agreed to that they will look into it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2013 08:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Coverdell-Canada/Brampton-Ontario/Coverdell-Canada-Lifestyle-Essentials-after-declining-their-offer-through-the-Hudsons-Ba-1089160. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Coverdell Canada