Complaint Review: Covington Whos Who

• Updated: Tue, October 02, 2012

• Reported By: Neli — Longueuil Quebec United States of America
Covington Whos Who
4601 Sheridan St. Hollywood,, Florida United States of America

Covington Whos Who I was coaxed into signing up for 5 years membership. Finally, after giving them my credit card number, when they asked me the card security code, I asked to cancel the whole operation and they siad OK Hollywood, , Florida

I cannot yet understand how and where they found my cell phone number, when I have never tried to contact them. On August the 30th 2012 I received the first call. After that they call me at home for an interview and I would say, after a long phone conversation and by taking advantage of my meager knowledge of English, they proposed me an Exclusive 5 Year Gold Membership and made me feel privileged to become a member of Covingtonwhoswho.com. And at this point they mention that the membership cost is 589$ for 5 years and if I want, a lifetime membership for only additional 199$ (please notice that so far I was thinking everything was free).

When I go back now, I think I was so exited that I decided we can go with the 5 years membership, but for the additional 199$, I told them I would decide later. And I remember perfectly that when they asked me my credit card number, I felt extremely uncomfortable. But I do not know why, I decided to go ahead and I gave them my credit card number. However, when they asked me my credit card security number, suddenly, it was like a flash, I figured out Im going in the wrong direction and decided to cancel everything.

I told them that I cannot give them my credit card security number and I want in a first place to receive and read the membership agreement and to finalize the transaction later. They said that there is no problem and I will receive the document later the same day or the day after. You can imagine my surprise when I received their e-mail and I saw that everything was already finalized, that the $589 were already charged on my credit card despite the missing security number and that even a final payment of $199.00 for the registry will be charged on my credit card on the 15th of the month following the date of registration.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2012 04:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Covington-Whos-Who/Hollywood-Florida-33021/Covington-Whos-Who-I-was-coaxed-into-signing-up-for-5-years-membership-Finally-after-gi-949537. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Covington Whos Who