Complaint Review: Cowboom.com

• Submitted: Wed, December 30, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, January 20, 2010

• Reported By: Stuart1745 — Richardson Texas United States of America
Cowboom.com

Cowboom.com Dealtree.com, they took a Debit Card Payment at time of sale then were unable to find the payment. not giving money or item back, Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Employee, why don't you help??

*UPDATE Employee: Be reasonable - this sounds like nothing to do with the merchant

on the 27 of December 2009 I went to cowboom.com and bought some Speakers for $114( it was a great price). when I got to the check out with the cost of shipping the cost went to 163.99 ( ok still a good price). I paid got a confirmation for my order then waited.

On the 28th of December my payment cleared my bank account and waited for the item to ship

on the 29th of December I got an email from CowBoom.com informing me that I have the full balance of 163.99 left on my invoice. I sent in an email to have the correct the issue and got no reply

on the 30th of December I contacted their live chat customer service. the Representative toll me that they show no payment on my invoice and asked if I had a transaction ID. I gave her the full details on the transaction from my account records. she then asked me if I could fax a copy of that to them so they can go to their Merchant. I sent the fax as soon as I left the chat

on the 30th of December I received another email informing me that they have not recieved any payment for my invoice and that the current balance was $177.52 I have no idea how the price increased or why they still do not show my initial payment.

so far I have not received an offer of a refund, or my product.
updates as the process unfolds.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2009 10:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cowboomcom/internet/Cowboomcom-Dealtreecom-they-took-a-Debit-Card-Payment-at-time-of-sale-then-were-unable-547870. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cowboom.com

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Employee, why don't you help??

AUTHOR: tookewltim - (United States of America)

Employee from Santa Ana,

Why don't you help instead of going off topic on some rogue attempt to defend the company? The complainant states the payment cleared the bank and you are addressing the issue as if the payment was denied. Where does it say anything about denial of payment?

BTW, I have dealt with Dealadeal/Cowboom/Dealtree before and they are so SLOW to respond. It takes them 4 business days, AT LEAST, to respond to anything, and up to 9 days to issue a refund from when they received the returned item back from UPS. Their descriptions on products they sell or auction to sell are misleading and sometimes outright incorrect. IMHO, this retail outfit should be avoided at all costs because of the frustration ordering from them causes.

Be reasonable - this sounds like nothing to do with the merchant

AUTHOR: SaneAndReasonable - (United States of America)

Cowboom.com is owned by Best Buy, so they charge sales tax in all states.  If you add the sales tax onto the total, you probably get the total $177.52.

If you pay by any online merchant using a Debit card, the card may be declined because your name or address on the order does not exactly match the name and address information on the bank account.  If this is the case, the merchant does not get your money, they (and you) get a notification that the card was declined.  If the card is declined, it may still lock up funds in your bank acount for several days while the transaction cancellation information is posted back to your account.  The banks do this, not the merchant.

The best way to shop online is to either use PAYPAL, or a REAL credit card, not a debit card.

observers