Complaint Review: Cox Cable

• Submitted: Wed, June 09, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, August 10, 2006

• Reported By:tempe az
Cox Cable
www.cox.net Tempe, Arizona U.S.A.

Cox Cable held me off for days telling me that the problem would be fixed in 3 to 5 days it's close to 2 weeks now. Rip-off! Tempe Arizona

*Consumer Comment: Cox - Worst customer relation company on earth

*Consumer Comment: Your fun has just begun, my friend ..can't wait until they have some real competition

The computer was no longer able to access the internet on the 2 of june, I called, they told me they would have the prblem checked out in 3-5 days. so by the 5th of the month i still wasn't up and running, I called back and now everyone is confused as to what happened.

Finally some conscientious tech in Las Vegas figured out what was going on, the last tech that I had talked to said the job had been finished. Cox uses outsourcing to do thier cable work, so that company had simply sent someone out, he looked at the problem and I guess he just reported back what was going on but didn't fix anything. So I guess he had checked it.

In the meantime I'm still down so I call the company and they in so many words tell me they can't get another person to look at it for another 3-5 days because they had another work order on it at the time that said it would be done at anytime, they didn't say from 3-5 pm or something like that, they just had on the tech's report, "anytime."

So needless to say, as i write this on another friend's computer I am still waiting for them to fix my system and, I have an internet business that I can't edit or work on bvecause my system is idle. Do perhaps if you have another option other than cox you might research that and think about it. I know they're such a large company that a leter like tis may not, probably want affect them, but if enough of us keep putting this info in perhaps they'll get off the pot.
Dok

Richard
tempe, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2004 11:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cox-Cable/Tempe-Arizona-85282/Cox-Cable-held-me-off-for-days-telling-me-that-the-problem-would-be-fixed-in-3-to-5-days-i-94250. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cox Cable

Cox - Worst customer relation company on earth

AUTHOR: B - (U.S.A.)

Cox - maybe not THE worst, but right up there.
I had their services for years and years, running into service outages quite frequently, sometimes days at a time. Billing "issues", being charged for features I didn't have, on and on.

The straw the broke Mr. Camelback's - back?
One day, out of the blue, the pictures on both receivers were snowy.
I called and asked for a repairman.
They came out, spent and hour doing whatever they were doing, and then told me they couldn't find the problem - and LEFT! They didn't bother to tell me they were NOT coming back unless I called again, in fact, they didn't give any kind of solution at all.

Upon realizing what had happened, I called them the next day. "Well, sir, our notes show that they couldn't find the issue and that they would have to come out again". Fine, I said, why didn't they tell ME that, and WHEN are they coming back? " I don't know why they didn't inform you, and you will have to schedule another appointment".

It's not exactly a convenient thing to have to schedule these kinds of appointments. I did, they came back again. This time, the man told me he was going to have to search some place 4 miles away for the problem.
Uhhhhh, okay, get at it then.

He never returned. I called AGAIN. They came out AGAIN. And AGAIN, no resolution. And they left, AGAIN. Finally, I got sick of this situation, and asked for a manager. He looked up the file and stated that they couldn't find the problem, but were "looking into it". Well, I replied, then that must eliminate anything going on inside of my house? Yes. I told him I wasn't going to continue to pay for faulted service. He agreed, but they didn't take off any monies owed.

Long story short: They never found the problem in 6 months time, told me on the final visit, which was about number 15, that they couldn't find the problem and therefore weren't returning, case closed.

I immediately cancelled the service and got another service.
bb

AUTHOR: Bill - (U.S.A.)

I have had many experiences with Cox- all of them negative. I won't even go into all of them, except to give a few highlights:

1) The month after I got high speed internet from them, they raised their fee by $10.00 per-month

2) They couldn't make my phone ring reliably, so people would call and wonder why I didn't answer the phone

3) After FIVE (5) visits by 2-5 techs each time, they didn't fix my problem, so I had to go back to Qwest for telephone service (I am an engineer and have designed telecom equipment, and I can assure you- they're incompetent, though friendly and well-intentioned.)

4) They raised my fee again for broadband, because now my services aren't bundled. They are unreasonable and intransigent. They do not care about anything except your money.

Try getting a credit from them - I dare ya'!

I can't wait until they have some real competition in the broadband arena.