Complaint Review: Cox Cable/OKC

• Updated: Sat, November 24, 2012

• Reported By: Larry D. — Oklahoma City Oklahoma United States of America
Cox Cable/OKC

Cox Cable/OKC Veteran on limited income at Christmas Internet

Today I incurred another rip-off by this Cable TV Service. (Curiously this comes about 14 or so days after I turned down yet another up-grade solicited on phone by Cox) (since then my internet service is spotty and my TV sound comes and goes) But back to the subject of the billing theft they have practiced since their coming to OKC. (Which I voted against, since making a monopoly is always in my understanding of 2000+of history, a bad idea) In reviewing my bill I find it is $40.00 over what I was told would be my bill, and have been paying. They claim non-receipt of a form to qualify me for the life line I have had since the accounts inception. I get this form yearly and fill it out and return it usually the same day.
As per their strategy they'll be glad to send me another form, but cannot back-date. Leaving me to pay or instigate a long war which since they have their monopolistic powers I cannot win.

And since they use the phrase "pro-rate+my next bill will be more also as they billing overlaps' So I am disabled on a fixed income, sending them my Christmas money this check and most of my extra money next billing cycle. In my conversations with my friend I hear the same story no notice over billing. This is piracy and their bills should come with KY. Do yourselves a favor and don't get involved with Cox. Their whole operation is legal mind You because we made it so. A pirate is a Pirate even if your call him a buccaneer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/24/2012 08:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cox-CableOKC/internet/Cox-CableOKC-Veteran-on-limited-income-at-Christmas-Internet-973071. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cox Cable/OKC