Complaint Review: Cox Communication

• Updated: Fri, October 19, 2012

• Reported By: anonymous — Phoenix Arizona United States of America
Cox Communication

Cox Communication Beware Installation fee rip off Internet

Cox tacked on an additional $59.99 fee for the Internet installation on top of the $49.99 I was quoted when I ordered service. I was told over the phone the $49.99 covered the entire installation for internet with a wireless router, that it was comprehensive. I then drove to the closest Cox office far north on Scottsdale Rd. and was told the same thing. We discussed the fact the home had never had Cox, and I specifically asked if there would be any additional charges beyond the $49.99 to do first time cable in my home. I wanted to make sure the installation fee was all inclusive just in case there were any complications. I was repeatedly assured the $49.99 covered everything.

The installation went smoothly and there were no issues. Right before the contractor left (Cox hires separate companies to do installation), the contractor was completing his paperwork and told me that I'd see an extra $49.99 on my bill for the install. So......I was upset to see an additional $59.99 on my first bill. I called Cox and was told that $20 was for drilling through the outer wall for the cable; and the $39.99 was a networking install charge. I explained I had no network set up. She said the wireless router was considered a network. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I paid the first bill but did nor include this fraudulent charge. I have spoken to Cox twice requesting this charge be removed; both times was told the phone rep couldn't remove it but my request would be taken to a higher level and I'd receive a phone call. Cox has not followed up and now I'm getting harassing calls demanding the payment. This is despicable business practice.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/19/2012 12:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cox-Communication/internet/Cox-Communication-Beware-Installation-fee-rip-off-Internet-957021. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cox Communication