Complaint Review: Cox Communications, Inc.; Cox Communications; Cox Cable

• Updated: Fri, June 17, 2011

• Reported By: lorrainelee — riverside Rhode Island United States of America
Cox Communications, Inc.; Cox Communications; Cox Cable
1400 Lake Hearn Drive West Warwick, Rhode Island United States of America

Cox Communications, Inc.; Cox Communications; Cox Cable AKA Cox Communication Billed for fake charges, false advertising West Warwick , Rhode Island

*Consumer Comment: Welcome to Cox Confusion

*UPDATE Employee: Re: Billing Concerns

I signed up and was guaranteed a $200.00 check.  I called several times and received many reasons why I should not receive the check.

I am charged for services not rendered, not agreed upon and bogus charges.  I tried to resolve these issues without resolution without taking the time to hear me negotiation, I was wrong and they are right and that is it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2010 02:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cox-Communications-Inc-Cox-Communications-Cox-Cable/West-Warwick-Rhode-Island-02893/Cox-Communications-Inc-Cox-Communications-Cox-Cable-AKA-Cox-Communication-Billed-for-f-632394. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cox Communications, Inc.; Cox Communications; Cox Cable

Welcome to Cox Confusion

AUTHOR: Brian - (USA)

I live in Connecticut and have seen "their bundle" constantly increase since Congress de-regulated the cable industry some years ago to increase competition and reduce the cost!!  Don't you just love their new commercials..."make your own bundle?"  I tried this some years back and was told I couldn't do that.

Here is my solution:  I just called Cox last week and told them to cancel my television  service.  I went to Radio Shack and purchased  an indoor powered antenna.  Inasmuch as I read in the evening, use an i-Mac desk-top for free podcast etc. and the reception is great WHY  was I paying these people extra money each month,(I buy high speed internet), that price of which  increases constantly.

I find that 3Mg's down is fine for movies, podcasts etc.

Call Cox and tell them you want to create your own bundle and start naming the items you want. You may be disconnected!!

President Obama has publicly stated that for America to stay competitive in the 21st century that he wants our country to have 100Mg down!  Good luck Obama.

Re: Billing Concerns

AUTHOR: Coxtech1 - (U.S.A.)

I apologize for any confusion regarding you Cox services.  If you want to email me at hrd-hsi.newsgroups@cox.com I'd be happy to look into this matter for you.

--CoxTech1