Complaint Review: Cox Communications

Cox Communications
1400 Lake Hearn Dr. Atlanta, Georgia USA

Cox Communications AKA Cox Thieves and Incompetent service Atlanta Georgia

*UPDATE Employee: Re: Transfer/Billing Concerns

AS an IT professional and Financial coach I've had great praise for Cox communications in NW Arkansas.

I spent years tied to Dial-up services and finally moved to an area services by Cox.  I've gotten their budle deals and even reccomended and had Cox business services installed at my offices.

Most companies that outgrow their servicing capabilities begin using outsource services to manage the load and in many cases lose a lot of the respect from their customers because they can no  longer take care of them as they promised.  In todays environment, I can see how this happened to Cox Communications, But I cannot excuse them for their debotchery.

I've now been a client of theirs for over 10 years and usually have had good if not tedius experiences when I had to call support.  About 6 weeks ago I purchased a new home and of course wanted to move my services to the new home.  I called and set up the appropriate time for the transfer to take place and while discussing the logistics of my move, ddecided to accept their offer of adding phone service to my bundle to take advantage of their pricing structure.

To my amazement, they discontinued service at my old house 5 days ahead of schedule, then never showed to start service at my new location until I had made several calls to support.  After NOT showing up twice at the appointed time, Someone finally showed up to install our new services.  He hooked up the new Cable router with ip-phone and checked the signal stregnth.  MY wife didn't want anything to do with the Caller ID feature on the TV and decided we didn't watch enough TV anymore to justify the additional Digital channels so He took the Digital box with him.

Today, and for the past 2 days I've come home only to find my wife furious about spending hours talking to one representative after another with no resolution to her trouble.  It seems that they decided to Charge us for Not returning the Digital bax, and charge us more yet because the digital TV was part of the agreed upon bundle they came out to install.  They told her If I come to the local office and pick up a Digital box, the would honor the bundle price on out next bill but we would have to pay for it,  Besides, they were already charging us for it anyway.

Here is where I began to question just what the issue was.  In my world of Logic,  IF they didn't come and take the digital box from us, Then why was the digital service discontinued?  Why would I return a Digital box when that was part of the bundle they came out to install.

They've now told my wife they will have to turn her over to collections if she doesn't pay for the box their installer took with him when he came to install our new Bundle.

So, If they don't have my digital box, then why is there even an issue at all.  According to Cox, I had to have the digital box as part of my Bundle.  so Why did they come install my bundle and then try to bill me as if I didn't have THAT bundle and charge me for the box that wasn't returned.  If the box wasn't returned, Why was trere any question about my bundle?

Sincerely,

Very Dis-satisfied customer

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2013 05:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cox-Communications/Atlanta-Georgia-30319/Cox-Communications-AKA-Cox-Thieves-and-Incompetent-service-Atlanta-Georgia-1062694. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cox Communications

Re: Transfer/Billing Concerns

AUTHOR: Coxtech1 - ()

I'd be upset too if that happened to me.  I want to do everything I can to help.  Please email me at coxhelp@cox.com with all the details and I'll get started on addressing all of your concerns.

-Chris