Complaint Review: Cox Communications

Cox Communications
Destin, Florida United States of America

Cox Communications Cox Billing Practices are Illegal! Destin, Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Re: Billing Concerns

I have several accounts with Cox Internet. I used to have phone and internet, but got so angry with their billing practices, that I cancelled all of my phone service and now just have internet until I can find another service in the area. I am constantly trying to simplify my accounting by signing up for online bill pay since I manage over 40 properties. So I signed up for EasyPay last November on all of my accounts, or so I thought so. Well, not so fast. If you pay a bill online, then EasyPay does not go into effect, and you are not notified until it is too late that you really didn't sign up for EasyPay afterall. And if you sign up for EasyPay and Paperless Billing, you are really screwed if you don't log into the account when they email you even when you thought it was taken care of. Oh and if for some reason you have reached your limit on your credit card or it has expired, they charge you $25-$30 dollars twice in one day! I paid $58 for 2 attempts to charge my card in one day! That is not only unethical, I think it is illegal. Cox stands for CROOKS Of XCELLENCE. I really believe there is a manuel out there instructing Cox on how to screw customers by making them believe EasyPay is the right thing to do. Hope the Feds are listening, because I will be contacting the government agencies that regulate these Crooks!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2013 07:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cox-Communications/Destin-Florida-32541/Cox-Communications-Cox-Billing-Practices-are-Illegal-Destin-Florida-1037473. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cox Communications

Re: Billing Concerns

AUTHOR: CoxHelp - ()

Perhaps we could take a look at your account and sort out any problems that have occurred.  Could you email us at coxhelp@cox.com with the problem and account details please?

-Chris