Complaint Review: Cox Communications

• Updated: Mon, October 26, 2009

• Reported By: harner — USA
Cox Communications
750 N. Rancho Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

Cox Communications Lied about installation costs and return locations and promotions Las Vegas, Nevada

I was given a flier by cox stating they had a special for 3 months on their cable.  I was told by the installer that he could give me a special on phone and internet.  I recuieved my first bill and it was outrageous.  I was charged for installation items that were not disclosed and the special rates were reduced or eliminated.  Called as soon as I recieved the bill and was told that the only thing I could do was return the modem and dvr box.  When I asked where the items were to be returned I was informed that the only location was the Ranch office 20 miles from me.  When I arrived at the office the line was out the door,  when I pushed for some help I was told that I couldd return my equipment to any fed-ex Kinkos,  driving another 20 minutes I returned my items.  While at fedx I was told that people are only informed of this additional drop off if they make a stink at the main office.  I then called cox and said that i wanted to be sure that my service was closed up, they said it would be billed until the return date.  I asked one last time if they could reverse the unauthorized setup charges and after speaking to a msupervisor told me I had gotten agreat deal on these charges and there was nothing they could do unless i wanted to go back on hold.  10 days of service for a hundred bucks and they couldnt remove the 30 do9llar installation,   they lied, misled and wasted my time,  dont use them try embarq.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2009 02:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cox-Communications/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89106/Cox-Communications-Lied-about-installation-costs-and-return-locations-and-promotions-Las-515111. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cox Communications