Complaint Review: Cox Communications

• Submitted: Sun, February 03, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, February 03, 2008

• Reported By:Phoenix Arizona
Cox Communications
1550 W Deer Valley Rd Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Cox Communications Billing of calls I did not make, changing my phone service without my approval Phoenix Arizona

For the past five months, Cox Digital Phone has been billing me for d/a (directory assisted call) that I have not made. They have also billed me for phone traces I have not made. I have contacted the customer service number so many time I can't count. I ask for a block to be put on all information calls. They assured me this was done, however I continue to get these charges every bill. Sometimes, I get credited back for the call and sometimes not. My service is non-published and not to be given out from information. I pay for this service every month, how ever, just recently my phone number has started appearing on cell phones and on caller Id.

They have screwed up my service even to the point of blocking my out going calls. I called customer service and they tried to tell me they can't do that kind of blocking, however, they said it would take 48 hours to find the problem and correct it. They have also put a block on collect calls which I did not request. Every time I call customer service, I get a different excuse as to why my service is so messed up. I would cancel their service but I have a bundled package with cable. The complex I live in only allows Cox cable. I don't know what to do to get my normal phone service restored. I dont know where to go to get help.

Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2008 12:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cox-Communications/Phoenix-Arizona-85027/Cox-Communications-Billing-of-calls-I-did-not-make-changing-my-phone-service-without-my-a-305738. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cox Communications